The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
PF-22 Pics from the archives..

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

TJR
Posted 2008-12-09 9:42 PM (#7685)
Subject: PF-22 Pics from the archives..

I've uploaded a couple of pics to share that I scanned in from old polaroid B&W prints. I found these old photo in a box of misc "stuff" . Seeing how few of these guitars there are? I though maybe someone might be able to fingerprint their guitar from the wood grain? anyway... enjoy..If I find more.. I'll add them as well..
...Talbot

Album Page for Hi Res

-----------------------------------------------
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2008-12-10 3:49 AM (#7686 - in reply to #7685)
Subject: Re: PF-22 Pics from the archives..

It's very close to mine, and at first I thought it was. This one has rings on the pickups though, and the grain is off.

ANy dates or other documentation on these?
TJR
Posted 2008-12-10 1:44 PM (#7687 - in reply to #7685)

Damon.. I clicked the link in your sig line to see your pics and agree the grain in yours is different. I will keep an eye out for other pics/info..There were some other B&W polaroids of misc aluminum neck/fingerboard structures, inner supports in the same pile.. (not the K-Bar system) These were more like diecast frames, probably for a foam neck or similar.

I do have some other shots to post of a custom 12 string PF-22 styled guitar. Custom made for Henry Paul (of the Outlaws or the Henry Paul band??) dated to 1980. It has gloss white painted (mahogany) body and painted neck. , Preacher Dlx electonics and pickups set with UKII P/U mounts, Set neck, Ebony F/b , Gold appointments, Schaller 1 pc tailpiece., PD inlays, perliod buttons. A few shots of Nick Mackin showing it off too. .. Talbot
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2008-12-10 1:57 PM (#7688 - in reply to #7685)

Those are some very cool pictures. I'll check the grain on my prototype. Mine has the offset pickups, which may have been done to this one. The grain looks close, but I'll check tonight.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)