The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
More than mildly sad day

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

jb
Posted 2005-05-27 3:31 AM (#149802 - in reply to #149777)
Subject: Re: More than mildly sad day

maybe I actually PLAYED my guitars back then. [/QB]
You actually played your guitars?? What kind of sick fan club member are you?? ;)

UOOGB should be a great gig - had done some research when we were booked, and thought - sounds fun. I then heard a slot they did on the radio, opening with AC/DC's Run to The Hills, followed by Ian Dury's Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll. That seems to be about their level, so I'm really looking forward to it. It's not StoneChase that are supporting, but the Big Band I play with - That's going to be a surreal evening...

JB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bailey
Posted 2005-05-30 2:31 AM (#149803 - in reply to #149777)

I was perusing the past posts and I stumbled upon this one and I immediately felt sympathy for jb. I also suddenly felt right at home with the rest of the posters on this thread. So much so, in fact, that I packed up my plastic ukelele, slipped the bonds of my straight jacket, tore off the wall padding, cut through the dry wall with my hidden Leatherman tool, and am now out on the highway strumming "Louie Louia" on my plastic uke while thumbing a ride to whereever youse guys are that seem so like the me that got me put in that awful place. We will really get along good if you don't mind twitching and spontaneous shouting of "marzydoatsanddoseatdoatsandlittlelambseativyakiddleeativytoowouldntyou", accompanied by my plastic uke. It was that kind of talent that landed me that great gig in an establishment with a wonderful white coated audience that listened to every song (AND EVEN TOOK NOTES).

Thank goodness they didn't find my Leatherman!!
schroeder
Posted 2005-05-30 3:08 PM (#149804 - in reply to #149777)

New Mexico? Peyote??
Bailey
Posted 2005-05-31 1:09 AM (#149805 - in reply to #149777)

Sorry schroeder

All us Nuevo Mejicanos can afford are toads that reside in our animal watering dishes that we catch and lick, giving us GREAT Visions and bouts of food poisoning that introduces us to cute nurses helpers at the local emergency room. They usually destroy the romantic atmosphere with epicac and sometimes violent enemas.

They seem to have something against ukeleles, and often use them to perform the enema, especially after an attempt at a romantic seranade in atrocious spanish. I've had a few perform the mexican hat dance on the uke as they inserted it WITHOUT THE HAT!!!
Tony Calman
Posted 2005-05-31 1:18 AM (#149806 - in reply to #149777)

?? The only internet site where 12 year boys pretend to be middle-aged men! ??

I thought it was the only internet site where middle-aged men pretend to be 12 year boys!
MWoody
Posted 2005-05-31 7:55 AM (#149807 - in reply to #149777)

Raising Daughters I have taken on the role of Cyber Cop and instructor for my Daughter's internet experience. There are many old men and older teenage boys jumping into chat rooms and emailing.

I have her ask them which "Barney" they relate to!

(Google, Fife, Rubble or the Dinosaur)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)