The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
replacement electronics available?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

bobodean
Posted 2005-06-09 5:49 AM (#148210)
Subject: replacement electronics available?

Greetings all... I just bought a Celebrity from ebay. It was made in the 80's. This guitar doesnt have the cool electronics like the new ones. Is that stuff available for retro-fitting? I mean, Id love to have a built in tuner and EQ, not to mention that I wouldnt have to crank my amp all the way up in order to play it.

Thanks from a newbee
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cruster
Posted 2005-06-09 6:29 AM (#148211 - in reply to #148210)
Subject: Re: replacement electronics available?

The mothership offers replacement preamps in both the rectangular (old style) and teardrop (or oval or whatever the new style is called) versions, but I don't know if they'll work in a Celebrity (although I don't see why not). Your best bet is to contact Ovations customer service department and ask about the possibilities.

After I bought my fifteen year old Elite, I was interested in upgrading to an OP24+ (or OP24+c or whatever it is, can't remember at the moment), but I felt the cost was prohibitive. For what I would've spent on the replacement electronics, plus the cost of the guitar in the first place, I could have bought a used Adamas. Maybe.

Good luck and welcome to the OFC.
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2005-06-09 9:46 AM (#148212 - in reply to #148210)
Subject: Re: replacement electronics available?

Bobodean:

First, welcome to the club.

Second, I think Cruster is right. Even if you could retrofit newer electronics into the Celebrity, it would probably cost nearly as much what you might pay for a used newer generation Celebrity with an OP20 preamp.

Making this change to yours isn't a good investment, imho, unless it is one of the best sounding Celebrities ever made.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)