The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Applause OP2B electronics problem

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

wilcofreak
Posted 2005-07-30 1:12 PM (#142327)
Subject: Applause OP2B electronics problem

Just bought a new Applause AE-48. Love it except one problem. The electronics don't seem to work and there is no connector to attach a battery in the OP2B pack. Yes, I took it out and opened the case where a battery would normally go.

I feel like I'm missing something foolish here. Or did I just get a lemon?

Thanks for help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terr0r
Posted 2005-07-30 6:04 PM (#142328 - in reply to #142327)
Subject: Re: Applause OP2B electronics problem

My son's got an applause...it's a passive pick up, although I read somewhere that the brand new models have new active pickups. Are you sure it's one of the brand new models or just a new "ole stock" passive. - still a pretty good sounding guitar though an amp?

Cheers
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-07-30 8:05 PM (#142329 - in reply to #142327)
Subject: Re: Applause OP2B electronics problem

Welcome to the OFC BTW. I hope that you will have more stories to share with us about your experience with your guitar(s).

I currently have an applause, and the pickup only has two controls -- (1) gain and (2) tone. I never have to use batteries for it, and I think it sounds much nicer unplugged. I like the "softness" of it, as opposed to having a "big" sound making it the ideal guitar for practice and for use in the classroom to accompany the children without disturbing the other classes. When it's plugged in, I don't even bother using the tone control because the sound tends to be unbearably bright. For whatever reason, either it's the amp that I have or it's the strings that's on it (custom lights: 11-52), I really do not know why. Once thing is certain, it only happens that way with the applause, and not with my balladeer or with the Martin (via condenser mic).

IMHO, for guitars retailing under 300 bucks, the Applause AE48 is a very decent guitar. Not the best, but a very decent one, and I'm quite happy with mine. If the pickup is not working properly, I would recommend taking it back to the retailer where you purchased the guitar from to either have it fixed or replaced.

Congrats with your new guitar BTW :)

Peace!
Gil
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)