The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Is this true?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

williamfriggle
Posted 2005-08-01 2:19 PM (#142171)
Subject: Is this true?

I just read this off the Musicians Friends web site. See below. Is it true about their setting being in there? I must be very sleepy when I play because I never noticed this pre shape button. I need to go to church and plug in and try it.

Bill

"Working closely with Al DiMeola, Ovation has created the OP-Pro, a new preamp which captures the same warm vibe of the original OP-24 preamp and adds a wealth of techno-sizzle. When you hit the bypass button, the EQ is automatically configured to the precise setting Al DiMeola uses. When the button is engaged and the three-band EQ sliders are centered, you've got Melissa Etheridge's precise settings. "
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-08-01 2:27 PM (#142172 - in reply to #142171)
Subject: Re: Is this true?

Bill,
It's true.This description was also used during the 2004 OFC Factory tour direct from Rick Halls Mouth and it's in all of Ovations descriptions of the Op-pro.If you have the Al Dimeola Model with the Op-pro it has a button in the upper bout near where the neck meets the body. That button will boost the gain. They call it a "stealth" feature.
MWoody
Posted 2005-08-01 2:31 PM (#142173 - in reply to #142171)

I like my button pushed "in".
bauerhillboy
Posted 2005-08-01 2:33 PM (#142174 - in reply to #142171)

I have the 6778 w/Op Pro, and that little button is GREAT! I play on the worship team in our church...2nd guitar. I run the preamp flat, and I'm running flat at the soundboard. It sounds better than the 1st guitarist's Taylor 512ce. Just as we're going into the chorus for the 2nd time...I push that little button in and...well, he just turns and looks at my guitar. Very different sound. Sometimes I push in the button AND boost the bass up a little. John <>{
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)