The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
recording an Ovation with Jam Man ?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

4fingers
Posted 2005-08-03 8:02 AM (#141738)
Subject: recording an Ovation with Jam Man ?

One of the main reasons I originaly bought an O was the built in pickup, which would make recording easier- I am leery of complicated hookups, mike cables ,multi track recorder instructions and so on.

I jsut heard about the Digi tech Jam Man, which will reocrd many minutes of playing. It seems too good to be true.If I understand this,I just plug in my Ovation, hit the foot pedal, and it records 3-4 minutes of playing.

Does anyone know how to get it's stored files onto a CD ? That is, will Windows Media player CD burner recognize the files and use them ?

If I knew more, I could ask a shorter question - thanks for your time
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Waskel
Posted 2005-08-03 8:36 AM (#141739 - in reply to #141738)
Subject: Re: recording an Ovation with Jam Man ?

This is a reincarnation of the legendary Lexicon JamMan. This one uses CF memory, says up to 6.5 hours on a 2 gig card. Has lots of tricks. Uses FAT16 filesystem on CF, and USB to transfer files stored as WAVs, so any burning program should have no problem.

Be aware, however, that this only records in 44.1K 16bit mono.

If you want to hear what can be done with the original JamMan, check out Phil Keaggy's "Rivulets" from his "Acoustic Sketches" cd. Or almost any track on that cd, he used it extensively. He also uses it live, to incredible effect, including leads, percussive tapping, and singing backup harmonies into his soundhole then looping/layering them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)