The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Al Di Meola Custom Legend

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Slipkid
Posted 2005-10-18 4:17 PM (#133135 - in reply to #133110)
Subject: Re: Al Di Meola Custom Legend

no chance of that ,its on the wall waiting to be played at an intance notice,and admired by all when its not.
I cannot agree more. They are to beautiful to be locked up in a case. However, I will say that when my kids were small I did keep them "safe" for a time.
And Paul..thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2005-10-18 4:50 PM (#133136 - in reply to #133110)

Brad, I'm a trained detective... I just call 'em as I see 'em. And your welcome.
jbucklin
Posted 2005-10-27 10:32 PM (#133137 - in reply to #133110)

Well, the saga continues.

I had the regional rep send me a new one directly from the factory and it came in today. I was chomping at the bit when I opened the case, took it out and began to play it. The setup up is absolutely perfect and there is no gap beneath the fretboard extension across the top like there was in the first one.

I was falling fast in love with it when I began to notice a rattling sound while playing the low open E string. While trying to locate the rattle I noticed that the top is warped right beneath the bridge. By warped I mean there are two narrow humps, or ridges on the soundboard that are about 4 inches long.

Is this something that can be fixed? I don't know if I want them to send me another one since it's getting to where I don't trust their QC anymore. Besides all that, this one plays and sounds great. It just makes me sick to have to be without it for however long it may take to fix it. Any idea how long the turnaround would be on something like this?
Tony Calman
Posted 2005-10-27 11:43 PM (#133138 - in reply to #133110)

When it rains, it pours...call Kim or John, they need to be directly involved in this. :confused:
Buckaroo
Posted 2005-10-28 1:09 AM (#133139 - in reply to #133110)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no chance of that ,its on the wall waiting to be played at an intance notice,and admired by all when its not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to be able to exhibit my instruments for all the world to see. The glitch is, if my better half knew how many there are, I'd get strung...up.
TMG
Posted 2005-10-28 10:56 AM (#133140 - in reply to #133110)

Di Meola is a phenomenal guitarist...both acoustic and electric.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)