The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT... Wilma has left the sunshine state... FL OFC members check in

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2005-10-24 10:02 PM (#131947)
Subject: OT... Wilma has left the sunshine state... FL OFC members check in

Char and I got back to the house a couple of hours ago... what's left of it...again.... not too bad... we're lucky to have power and phones a lot of the county is out and over 3 million FPL customers without power...

our damage is minimal compared to last year.. the room I was rebuilding on the other side for Shannon has been stripped of all the new sheathing and insulation... nothing left but the frame and a couple of pieces of panel... plus a lot of our ductwork underneath has been blown away... so the heat/ac is feeding to the outside....one window was blown out in a bathroom.. other than that.. everything else intact.

some of our members were further south and in more direct path of the storm... Abendicum, Designzilla, Chatman, Zorjon... hope you and all other members here and your families are safe and well... check in with us here when you can.

God Bless,

Glenn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
zchord
Posted 2005-10-24 10:17 PM (#131948 - in reply to #131947)
Subject: Re: OT... Wilma has left the sunshine state... FL OFC members check in

Sunny as it could be up here, feel for you guys down south. I was in a class this morning with one of our sales guys from Miami. Kept giving us updates, didn't sound good from what he was hearing.
stonebobbo
Posted 2005-10-25 12:18 AM (#131949 - in reply to #131947)

I waiting to hear from a couple of folks who were hunkered down in Melbourne. I trust they're fine but no news yet. Glad things weren't too bad for you and the family, Glenn. Earthquakes ain't nothing compared to what people go through in the southeast.
Bailey
Posted 2005-10-25 3:34 AM (#131950 - in reply to #131947)

Glenn

Great to hear from you, and I hope we can hear from the rest of the Florida contingent. We all pray and concentrate to the best we can for your survival with the least amount of damage. Once you can raise your head from the beating, let us know what you need and we will try to help.

Bailey
ChatMan
Posted 2005-10-25 8:13 AM (#131951 - in reply to #131947)

ChatMan says Wilma was a non event for the home of the Lutz Nutz Company. Even my least intredpid pooch, Louie, decided he would check out what's blowin' on the breeze during the 'height' of the storm.

South was a lot different. Abendicum has a much different story I am sure. 90 miles makes a big difference, a couple of hundred is night and day.
floridapete1
Posted 2005-10-25 10:49 AM (#131952 - in reply to #131947)

Greetings from Punta Gorda, Florida.

Wilma was easy compared to Charley, which tore us up last year. Being 100 miles away from the landfall and (only) 65 MPH winds helped. It turns out that roofs, pool cages, etc. do not break at 65 MPH, but easily break at 100+ MPH windspeed.

Further experiemnts needed to discover the actual damage threshold, but that will have to wait for another time.

Glad that you folks are (mostly) OK. Cheers, Pete
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)