The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Question about warped soundboard

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

an4340
Posted 2005-10-31 12:36 PM (#131510 - in reply to #131485)
Subject: Re: Question about warped soundboard

My local Guitar Center has told me that they will 1)attempt to match price on the internet, and 2)and order it for you, if you pay for it. So you pay for it with a credit card, they order it, you go to the store, try it and if you don't like it, return it right on the spot and get you're money back. Just another option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-10-31 3:50 PM (#131511 - in reply to #131485)

Our GC is also great about trying to work with you. That said, they have no authorized repair people. Basically, if something goes wrong you take it in to have some kid look at it and send it somewhere. Changing strings and cleaning is about as far as they go.
I'd keep working in the direction you are going until the factory gets you an AD that's perfect. Then you will be really pissed at yourself when you put your first scratch in it, but that is your right.
Slipkid
Posted 2005-10-31 3:54 PM (#131512 - in reply to #131485)

I absolutely dread that first ding.
TexasDoc
Posted 2005-10-31 5:35 PM (#131513 - in reply to #131485)

jbucklin,

Make sure you get one you're happy with. If you settle now, you will be kicking yourself in 6 months for the same thing.

Mike is a great guy. I just don't particularly care for the music stores around here. Only three carry US Ovations...

Earhart music blows. Bad part of town, doesn't carry O's. Went in looking for a Hamer Quilt. Guy wouldn't go away. Stood right next to me the whole time I was looking. Quoted me full retail price.

Player's music in Hurst just ticked me off. Took my Celeb in for recommendations on how to stop a bridge buzz. The guy just yelled at me for buying a Korean guitar and said he shouldn't have to fix what he didn't sell.

(Unknown store on 183/McArthur) in Irving has mostly Tak's. The sales rep didn't know anything about Ovations and they only had one Balladeer. No Elites, Legends, or Adamii.

Alas, we just do with what we are given. However, Mike should be able to make it right. Good news is the price that Mike gives us OFC guys. If he can't make it right, Kim will.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)