The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Perfect Guitar??

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Jeff W.
Posted 2005-11-03 7:33 PM (#130685)
Subject: Perfect Guitar??

The following quoted comments are lifted from a post from another (prominent magazine) forum, wherein the discussion was about the "Perfect Guitar." I thought this excerpt was interesting because, I found it at the same time I was looking into carbon fibre classical stringed intruments ( I posted a thread about it weeks ago), which have been accepted and applauded by many renoun orchestral muscians (including YoYo Ma)....

Of course, prevailing thought was..."if it ain't wood, it ain't real"...

Here it is...

'The questions you are raising will come to be centered on one question, “Is it made of real wood?”
The quest for technical perfection has been bouncing against the limits of wood for several years. The Ovation Adamas and the Rainsong have been exploratory attempts at breaking the gravitational pull of tradition. Eventually, guitars crafted from synthetics will prove so superior, in all respects, to wood guitars, that there will be no hiding. Any degree of honesty will compel the wood adherent to shout: “I don’t care about the limitations, I want wood! Not a laminate that looks and smells like wood! Not something that looks better than wood, or sounds better than wood! I want wood! If a beaver won’t bite it, I won’t play it!”

In the future there will be superb musical instruments that resemble today’s guitars, they will still probably be called guitars. There will also be wooden acoustic guitars. Those that prefer the wooden guitars will do so for a multitude of reasons, reasons that lie in a realm that can’t be measured by DAT recorder and an oscilloscope. One reason that won’t come into play will be perfection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stephen P
Posted 2005-11-03 8:06 PM (#130686 - in reply to #130685)
Subject: Re: Perfect Guitar??

Ouch.
Jeff W.
Posted 2005-11-03 8:26 PM (#130687 - in reply to #130685)

Stephen,
Yer young. Get with it ;)
Weaser P
Posted 2005-11-03 8:50 PM (#130688 - in reply to #130685)

Super. It'll keep the prices down for us "flawed non-purists". Beyond that, it all boils down to different flavors, doesn't it? Or am I missing something (again)?
alpep
Posted 2005-11-03 9:15 PM (#130689 - in reply to #130685)

reminds me of a beaver that bit once......
Mitchrx
Posted 2005-11-03 10:15 PM (#130690 - in reply to #130685)

Originally posted by Weaser P:
Super. It'll keep the prices down for us "flawed non-purists". Beyond that, it all boils down to different flavors, doesn't it? Or am I missing something (again)?
The reality is that eventually the stockpiles of quality spruce, rosewoood, etc. will run low and the prices of traditional wood guitars will go way up. Synthetic material guitars will become popular because they will have superior sound at a lower cost.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)