The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Help with dead preamp

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-11-08 1:31 PM (#130550 - in reply to #130525)
Subject: Re: Help with dead preamp

Dude, no problem. We all seemed to have hijacked my thread a long time ago. It seems like shims and plastic pieces should be available. I'd check with an Ovation dealer near you or contact Al (alpep).
One of our local dealers a year ago was telling me he was having trouble getting the factory to respond regarding parts for an Ovation I was thinking about buying. It had a similar problem with a dead string. He ended up selling the guitar to someone else and I never found out if he was just giving me an excuse. There are several different style of saddles and pickups, and I assume the white plastic thingys vary, too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-11-08 1:41 PM (#130551 - in reply to #130525)

Back to the cabin issue, thanks for all the free advice guys. My mother in law died, so I can't call the cabin hers. Cliff, I don't know if someone from New Jersey knows what a cabin is, but many don't have plumbing. Too bad I tore down the outhouse last year or I could have sold it to you as a cabin.
I wish I graduated to a "vacation home", but since the Californians discovered McCall, Idaho vacation homes are running about $1,000,000 to $10 million, so my 1955 log cabin is still a cabin, even with all the remodels. Somebody will eventually offer me a bunch of money just to knock it down and take over my State lease of the land and I will get rid of it. That just happened to a neighbor. Someone paid $250,000 for an old cabin on a 10 year State lease and then knocked the cabin down to build a "vacation home" on it.
cliff
Posted 2005-11-08 1:55 PM (#130552 - in reply to #130525)

Used to live in a house that started out as a "cabin", evolved into "vacation home" which was later (tastefully) augmented into a three-story, passive-solar Contemporary (on a private lake).

Jersey actually has QUITE a bit of lakes, mountains & forests. People just generally equate it to factories, cities & urban sprawl (much the same way people generally equate Idaho to just fields of potatoes . . .).
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-11-08 2:00 PM (#130553 - in reply to #130525)

I know, Cliff, or at least I've been told that. They must have called it the Garden State for some reason. Had a good friend in law school from Jersey City. He couldn't wait to go back. He was a judge there last I heard.
Dude
Posted 2005-11-08 3:20 PM (#130554 - in reply to #130525)

Thank's Mark for your answer.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-11-08 3:36 PM (#130555 - in reply to #130525)

Dude, it occurred to me that their are two white plastic thingys. There is the saddle, then below that there us the metal thingy that is actually attached to a wire that goes to the preamp, then below that there is a white plastic thingy that is loose along with similarly shaped shims. It was the white plastic thingy on the bottom that I moved to restore the sound from the preamp.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)