The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Buddy Guy

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

alpep
Posted 2005-11-07 7:58 AM (#130371)
Subject: Buddy Guy

this is a couple of weeks late but I have been extremely busy. I saw Buddy Guy in Collingwood at the old Scottish Rites auditiorium. Sue bought Tickets as part of my birthday prsent.

Shamekia Copeland opened up and her set was hot. Hey keyboard player had a great hammond sound, well i guess it helps if you are using a hammond X-2 LOL. Great voice, great band, great tunes.

Buddy played his signature strat and also a tele. A absolute killer band behind him. Tight is an understatement. Just excellent musicians ready to vamp at a moments notice. They also had a cool r & B dance step going on.

Buddy's tone was a little shrill. I liked it better when he engaged the wah and left it down. Then it had that sound that I was used to hearing. he had some tweed amps on the stage and a couple of silver faced fenders. I was too far away to see if they were reissues or new but they did sound good.

Buddy did a bunch of tunes none off the "sweet tea" album that I love but it was a good cross section of stuff.

What was annoying was the middle aged white blues guys yelling stuff in the middle of the songs etc Just plain annoying. When buddy was talking about doing something from the father of the blues John Lee Hooker and someone yelled "Stevie Ray Vaughn" he stopped the show, found the guy in the audience and dressed him down and gave him a history of the blues. He then played some dead on quotes from jimi, clapton, kieth and someone else saying "they are all my friends" but I'm talking about the people that taught me.

Oh yeah a fat middle aged white guy screaming "you go girl" at shamekia copeland is just plain wrong.

So overall a great show, if you get an opportunity to see Buddy guy do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)