The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Anniversary on eBay-closing soon

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Tony Calman
Posted 2005-11-13 12:08 AM (#129828)
Subject: Anniversary on eBay-closing soon

Didn't write seller so not sure of condition...this is a deep bowl, A brace, AAA spruce top.
Anniversary

see what Samova said a couple of years ago:

samova
Member # 14 posted May 08, 2002 09:17 PM -----------------------------------------------------------
The "anniversary model" was a celebration of ovations 10 years of guitar building..1966-1976..The only funny thing about this model is it did not get produded until 1977(as far as i can tell)and only made it in the catalogs in 1978..It was built until 1981.."That was one long anniversary"..It was a great guitar and one of ovations better efforts.They probably made the until 1981 because they were very nice looking and sounding guitars..They were offered in six string only and came in two finishes (natural and antique brown).The antique brown was actually more of a reddish stained top..They were offered in electric and non electric.The distinct faetures of the guitar were,snowflake inlays on ebony fingerboard,multi layered headstock overlay(same as adamas II),herringbone bound body and herringbone design inlayed on rosette(same rosette as 1991 collectors edition).They also had carved bridge,deluxe gold tuners.Some early ones had the carved trus rod cover as well and some had no trus cover at all.It was a transition period where ovation stopped using trus adjustments at the headstock.So, some anniversary's had beautiful carved trus covers and some did not.I have two of these(both finishes) and just love the sound and look of this guitar..You could find these a few years ago for around $400..I bought my first one 6 years ago for $275..Lately i have seen them at guitar shows and other guitar stores for $600-$900........There was also a custom ordered 9 string annivesary built.I have seen it on ebay.Also, there was aspecial custom owners manual for this guitar.The cover of the manual says "The Anniversay".Much nicer than the generic ovation owners manual that were given with regular production ovations.Well, thats all i can remember about this model...Hope this helps....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2005-11-13 10:07 AM (#129829 - in reply to #129828)
Subject: Re: Anniversary on eBay-closing soon

I've seen several used antique brown 1157 Anniversary models locally in shops in the past year. They seem to run between $450-$500 here. If the guitar is in good shape, it's definitely worth it, they sound quite good.

Roger
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)