The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new member w/ old folklore

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Jkf_Alone
Posted 2005-11-21 5:23 PM (#128752)
Subject: new member w/ old folklore

from reading through this site and doing research, im finding that my folklore is supposed to be strung w/ steel strings. eh oh well, i have savarez high tensions on er and i love the way it sounds. and there is enough meat on the block to tie them to as well. its plenty loud and fun to play around with. plus i bought it for 300 mint with ohsc. just has a strange fingerprint imprint on the headstock, but other than that perfect.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Capo Guy
Posted 2005-11-21 7:02 PM (#128753 - in reply to #128752)
Subject: Re: new member w/ old folklore

Welcome aboard.

Here's another folklore if you would like to add to your collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ovation-Guitar-Model-1114-Folklore-75_W0QQitemZ...
bvince
Posted 2005-11-21 7:21 PM (#128754 - in reply to #128752)

Hi Josh! Welcome aboard! After you told me about your new guitar I have gained a new interest in those models. I hope you bring it to church sometime so I can check it out.
Hmmm ... 12 String ?? classical ?? the choices are starting to drive me crazy! I guess one of these days I'm gonna have to start making up my mind as to what I really want huh?
Jkf_Alone
Posted 2005-11-22 10:21 AM (#128755 - in reply to #128752)

heh, i dont know Brian, i get so connected with a particular guitar that i can hardly play anything else. i imagine if i had an adamas like yours i would be confounded on what to get next :D funny thing though, i actually kinda got the folklore so that jo could play it. she likes nylons better than steel, and really enjoys plucking around on it. too bad she never gets it outta my hands :p . Gosple, that is a dead ringer for my gitfiddle, except my top is completely flat and no scratches other than polish marks. oh and i dont think mine is a reissue, there is mild crazing on the plastic? rosette that couldnt have happened in that short of time (also this guitar was never played before i got it, someone bought it to learn on and never got around to it). its a good deal though, the small chips and mild arch to the top wouldnt effect playability at all i should think.
Jkf_Alone
Posted 2005-11-22 10:22 AM (#128756 - in reply to #128752)

or should i call ya vince ? :p
bvince
Posted 2005-11-22 12:52 PM (#128757 - in reply to #128752)

Call me anything you want, just don't call me late for supper (:

Sounds like that guitar you've got has seasoned well. There's nothing like time to make a guitar sound as good as the old ones do. That is with the wood tops. Time doesn't seem to do a lot of good for electronics though.
Jkf_Alone
Posted 2005-11-22 1:48 PM (#128758 - in reply to #128752)

heh probably not. although i have had 2 old class A tube amps that sounded absolutely amazing till i melted them. 1 was an ancient dukane PA and the other a hilgen pacemaker, i killed em both because as we all know the hotter the tube the better it sounds :p . i loved there sweet junky sounds, but that was when i enjoyed very loud/heavy music. heh, i guess im too old for that now, though jo does often tell me to turn the radio down.
bvince
Posted 2005-11-22 2:01 PM (#128759 - in reply to #128752)

Oh yeah ... I FORGOT about tubes ... you're right!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)