The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
my "new" 2004 legend 12 string model 1866

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

J. C. Guitar
Posted 2005-11-22 6:51 PM (#128559)
Subject: my "new" 2004 legend 12 string model 1866

Hi Guys,

Thanks for having such a wonderful website and forum - I'm so glad I found you.

I recently bought a used legend 12 string model 1866 from a private party locally (Los Angeles).

Of course I've had my eye on the new Legend LX 12 string model 6756LX, but this guitar was a deal too good to pass up.

It is a 2004 1866 model, in absolute mint condition. I will post pics of it soon. In the meantime, this is the exact guitar I bought in cherry: http://www.ovationguitars.com/index.cfm?fa=detail&mid=77#
Top of the page Bottom of the page
J. C. Guitar
Posted 2005-11-22 6:57 PM (#128560 - in reply to #128559)
Subject: Re: my "new" 2004 legend 12 string model 1866

Question # 1: Is the guitar still covered under Ovation warranty if anything goes wrong?

The original owner never registered the guitar, so I have the blank registration card to send in. But - he did not give me the original sales receipt.

According to Ovation policy - would this guitar be covered under warranty at all? Or is it completely out of warranty since I am not the original owner, and without the original sales receipt?

The guitar was bought from an authorized dealer by the original owner in July 2004.

I don't anticipate ever having any problems with the guitar, but it would be nice to know about the warranty situation.

Thanks in advance for any info.
J. C. Guitar
Posted 2005-11-22 7:02 PM (#128561 - in reply to #128559)

Question # 2:

Can someone please recommend to me a qualified, authorized Ovation guitar technician in the Los Angeles area?

I want to set up the action and intonation on this baby just right, and I want the job done right the first time. It is currently very difficult for me to play lower position chords, and barre chords with the factory set-up.

I am an experienced player, with strong hands, but the action is just too high as it is...

Any personal recommendations on a qualified, authorized Ovation guitar technician in the Los Angeles area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2005-11-22 7:10 PM (#128562 - in reply to #128559)

J.C.,

Answer to Question 1: NO...the warranty is only to the original owner.

Answer to Question 2: I don't know any luthiers in the L.A. area, others here I'm sure will....but you could try removing a shim from under the bridge/pickup assembly and see if that helps enough.

There are usually at least two, sometimes three phenolic/plastic shims underneath. Checking how much too high the strings are at the 12th fret and removing an appropriate thickness shim will improve the action.

Roger
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)