The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Sell this or sell that??

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

bones
Posted 2005-12-01 1:29 PM (#127559)
Subject: Sell this or sell that??

Hi there,
I just added a couple more solid body guitars and was thinking about selling one or two guitars from my tiny collection.The guitars that I dont use is an Ovation 1990 collectors in brand new mint condition,an American custom 62 strat or the Martin HD 28.This guitars are in excellent new condition,I play my other strats most of the time.Maybe I'm just feeling guilty that I have more guitars than I can play them,or should I be ??or maybe I should just enjoy life and keep on playing like everyone else.And also,this Ovation 1990 Collectors Series shallow bowl is a gorgeous guitar.I would like to comment
on this ovation site,its awesome talking to real guitar enthusiats.thanks , DANTE"" :cool: ;) :p
your thoughts pls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-12-01 1:41 PM (#127560 - in reply to #127559)
Subject: Re: Sell this or sell that??

I try to rationalize my collection (mostly to my wife) by saying I need the variety for the different types of music I play. The reality is that I only really play one type of music, basically Jim Croce ballads. I can play a couple of bars of Classical Gas on the Classic and about one riff on the electric.
Now I've decided I need to expand my music skills to match my collection. Try that.
stephent28
Posted 2005-12-01 2:17 PM (#127561 - in reply to #127559)

Someone was looking for a 1990 collectors within the last few weeks over in the for sale section. Check it out or list it over there and you will probably get some action.
Jeff
Posted 2005-12-01 2:22 PM (#127562 - in reply to #127559)

Originally posted by Mark in Boise:

Now I've decided I need to expand my music skills to match my collection. Try that.
Now THAT'S the wisest thing I've read on ANY guitar forum in a looooooong time! :)
an4340
Posted 2005-12-01 2:22 PM (#127563 - in reply to #127559)

If you haven't used them in more than a year, sell them all. In fact, sell any guitar you haven't used in a year, then take the proceeds and buy one guitar you will use! If you need any recommendations, we can help you!
bones
Posted 2005-12-01 3:09 PM (#127564 - in reply to #127559)

Mark,
You have a very strong point.I too need to expand my music skills.I play mainly blues rock to the likes of Allman Brothers and bands with the same style of music.I picked up a Jim Croce DVD Live tittled Have You Heard and he is trully one of a kind .He also got awesome guitars""

Skinny Baby Lee,
You got me thinking again,but very true.We
guitar enthusiats are always looking for that something different or that guitar that will make us say ,YES got it then strait to the closset it goes ,next""".
thanks guys :cool: ;) :p
you guys are great""
DANTE
-----------------------

Ovation 1990 Collectors
Martin HD 28
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul VOODOO
Gibson SG 1961 Reissue
PRS Custom 22
American Strat Plus
American Custom Strat
EJ Strat
Warwick Corvette Stnd
Epiphone Lp Junior
bones
Posted 2005-12-01 3:12 PM (#127565 - in reply to #127559)

Stephen,
Thanks for the info ,I'll keep that in mind
if just in case I want to part with my 1990 Collectors.
thanks"
DANTE
;) :cool: :p
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-12-01 5:16 PM (#127566 - in reply to #127559)

Bones, I got the Jim Croce DVD last spring and watched it with my wife. Then we watched the part that Ingrid narrates. When they show the clips of Jim playing with his son, both of us were crying. I watch it over and over now, mainly to try to learn the songs. I still get choked up. It's also hard to play and sing at the same time!
bones
Posted 2005-12-01 5:48 PM (#127567 - in reply to #127559)

Mark,
Its just amazing how Jim Croce writes his songs and the way he sings.He really gets through and will always touch peoples hearts.
Not to many artists can go up on stage with an acoustic guitar and a microphone and entertain the audience for the whole night"",in this case he had one person backing him up but still he's great.
Are you over protective of your favorite guitars as in don"t even want to touch'em and rather play the other knowing your favorite guitars are just fine!!
BrianT
Posted 2005-12-01 5:57 PM (#127568 - in reply to #127559)

Hey Bones, it looks from your guitar list that the Ovation and the HD-28 are your only acoustics. Are you giving up on unplugged playing or did I miss something?
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-12-01 6:30 PM (#127569 - in reply to #127559)

I was going to say I'm not overprotective because I play the 1537 more than all the rest. But then I remembered that I decided not to take it to Portland for Thanksgiving and took the Balladeer because it "travels" easier. I was going to show off the 1537 to Waskel, but when we couldn't link up, I decided to risk the Balladeer instead. The Balladeer already has some cracks but they didn't get any worse.
At home I try to play them all and let anyone who comes over play them all. I can't justify owning something I don't use.
bones
Posted 2005-12-08 11:44 AM (#127570 - in reply to #127559)

Brian,
Not given up on my acoustics,still trying
to learn some new style of music.The T5 you got ,how do you like it and how does it play"".

Mark,
Have you seen the dvd of the group AMERICA
LIVE at Central Park 1979,they play with some nice OVATIONs.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)