The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
say hell to every one from a china guy

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Slipkid
Posted 2005-12-15 9:51 AM (#126222 - in reply to #126172)
Subject: Re: say hell to every one from a china guy

If I may suggest...maybe take pledges first before you take in any money. Then after the goal is reached, call in the pledges. That way you don't have money on your hands if the drive peters out half way through.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bauerhillboy
Posted 2005-12-15 9:57 AM (#126223 - in reply to #126172)

I have to go out for the day. You guys keep talking amongst yourselves. If anyone knows how we can find out for sure where Frank is, do it. I don't have a clue how to do that so I'm delegating. John <>{
dragonboy
Posted 2005-12-15 10:00 AM (#126224 - in reply to #126172)

I think this'll work, especially if you follow Brad's suggestion about pledges. Cliff's also probably right about the pandora's box, but I'm good for a few bucks this one time, anyway. If the lid comes off, we can deal with it then.

I say go for it...'tis Christmas time, after all! :)

By the way, Welcome, Frank!
Waskel
Posted 2005-12-15 10:05 AM (#126225 - in reply to #126172)

Originally posted by Slipkid:
If I may suggest...maybe take pledges first before you take in any money. Then after the goal is reached, call in the pledges. That way you don't have money on your hands if the drive peters out half way through.
That's a good idea, Brad. Hopefully, it won't just delay the inevitable. That is, 1/2 the pledges actually pay, and you're still stuck with (not enough) money to buy and ship a guitar. Let's face it, this board, as much as I love it, has a history of not following through on things like this (OFC straps, anyone? Maybe a DVD, or a nice calendar?). :D
Maybe if a pledge included a guitar held as security?
cliff
Posted 2005-12-15 10:46 AM (#126226 - in reply to #126172)

". . 1/2 the pledges actually pay, and you're still stuck with (not enough) money to buy and ship a guitar . ."

- excuse me while while I roll my eyes, whistle a spritely little tune . . . and think about the $200 that I lost . . .
Waskel
Posted 2005-12-15 10:48 AM (#126227 - in reply to #126172)

It's ok, Cliff. We'll wait.
cliff
Posted 2005-12-15 10:58 AM (#126228 - in reply to #126172)

I'll not get "into it" . . .

. . . I'm "just saying", s'all . . . .

(besides the $200 was a mere PITTANCE compared to the absolute JOY that I was able to witness on Al's face as he (repeatedly) told me:
"I TOLD YOU SO!!)

LOL!!!!!
:D
an4340
Posted 2005-12-15 11:57 AM (#126229 - in reply to #126172)

I have to agree. Baurhill, you're jumping the gun on this one. Best to let Frankenchen get used to us and become a member of the community. China is a pretty advanced place with a vibrant music scene. If he really wants an ovation, he can find out how much they cost, save his renimbi, get on a train to Hong Kong and pick one up.

If Frankenchen does a search he'll find a review of a store I visited in Hong Kong, which is better, in terms of ovations, then any store I've been to in the United States or Canada.
fillhixx
Posted 2005-12-15 12:15 PM (#126230 - in reply to #126172)

Never-the-less.... count me in for $5 U.S.

Is there a better way to collect pledges than just posting willy nilly on a thread?
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-12-17 8:05 AM (#126231 - in reply to #126172)

Welcome to the OFC by the way Frank!! You will lots of useful information and advice with regards to Ovation guitars, and others as well.

Phil ... your "chiquita banana" statement made me laugh so hard that I fell on my seat! I never thought of it that way, but it does makes sense! :D

Also, count me in for $10 for the guitar fund. Please keep me informed, with regards to where to send it to. :)
Phil Wong
Posted 2005-12-18 7:03 PM (#126232 - in reply to #126172)

Ingnimbyte,
I glad you had a good laugh from that. We all need a good laugh every now and then. I wish that I could say that we should get together and play guitar. Every now and then I go to the Broadway Mall or Ikea. The only thing is that If I showed you all that I could play it would only last about one half hour. I had taken lessons when I was nine for about one year. I can play some songs by ear. I also played with some friends in a garage/basement band. I really regret not following through with lessons. I am more motivated now to learn but work about 60 hours and six days a week. That leaves me with little time or energy to play guitar. As you can see by my guitar list below I have 2 nice guitars that I would like to spend more time with. If we could not arrange a get together I hope that we could meet at OFC Tour 2006.
frankchenCN
Posted 2005-12-18 8:41 PM (#126233 - in reply to #126172)

Phil, i am so envious of you because you had taken guitar lessons when you were nine. :D
In many area of china (centre of china mainland),guys study guitar are help by himslef, learning-guitar tuition are expensive to them as a result of the not devoleped economic,and there is a reason why i haven't a good guitar and there is a reason why OVATION CO set so few agancy in china. althoght my guitar-skill is bad :D
frankchenCN
Posted 2005-12-18 8:48 PM (#126234 - in reply to #126172)

Originally posted by ignimbyte:
Welcome to the OFC by the way Frank!! You will lots of useful information and advice with regards to Ovation guitars, and others as well.
:confused: How can I regards to Ovation guitars as well?
May be i am not understand you meaning yet :D
Sorry

~my english need improve badly i think :(
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-12-18 9:55 PM (#126235 - in reply to #126172)

Hi Phil,

The Broadway Mall / Ikea is only 5 minutes away from my home. Although rare these days ... if I'm not window shopping in Ikea for something nice, pretty much, I hit the mall with my niece to see a movie or something.

You and I are pretty much in the same boat, with regards to guitar playing, sans the nice :eek: guitars that you own! I took lessons too, but was not very consistent with it, so I ended trusting my ears mostly. Never had much luck playing in a band, but I used to play in the coffee shops back in college for a cup of earl grey and crackers. These days, I work two jobs and I don't get to go home until past 8, Monday to Friday. I go from 8 to 4 with my first job in Fresh Meadows, then I hit the road to Whitestone for my 2nd job from 5 to about 7:30.

Fortunately, my job allows me to bring my guitar, and sing-a-long with the youngsters in the classroom. However, they're limited to children's tunes (e.g. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "The Wheels On The Bus," "Mr. Sun"). I'm not surprised if most of the songs that I used to know and play are almost completely forgotten by now.

Definitely, if an arrangement to get together can not be made possible here in NY, then let's make it happen at the OFC Tour next year. It'll be my first time to go, and I'm looking forward to it! :)
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-12-18 10:06 PM (#126236 - in reply to #126172)

Originally posted by frankchenCN:
:confused: How can I regards to Ovation guitars as well?
May be i am not understand you meaning yet :D
Sorry

~my english need improve badly i think :( [/QB]

Don't worry Frank ... you'll get there, and you'll learn more about the pros and cons about the English language ... maybe even sooner than you think. Heck, I've lived half my of life here in the U.S., and I feel that the more I learn about the English language, the more of a beginner I become ... :confused: hmmm ...

To prove my point ... While I knew what "getting laid off from work" meant, I didn't learn what "getting laid" was really about until my senior year in college! :D

...so much for naivete eh?
frankchenCN
Posted 2005-12-18 11:27 PM (#126237 - in reply to #126172)

thank you encourage,,ignimbyte!
you are an agreeble guy! I like you! :D
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)