The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
My '05 collectors is here - just before '06!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

muzza
Posted 2005-12-16 11:58 PM (#125841)
Subject: My '05 collectors is here - just before '06!

It has finally arrived! I bought it in July and have had the biggest headache trying to find a reasonable priced shipping option.

USPS wouln't send it. If I lived in any other western nation, it wouldn't be a problem. But Australia has a ridiculous size limit. A.P. suggested USPS Global Priority, but their limit was 4lbs. (fill the case with helium???)

P.B. put me on to Bax Global, but they wouldn't allow my cousin to drop it off at the depot. Bax in Brisbane was very helpful, but Bax LA were'nt coming to my party.

In the end I had to use UPS for $415.60. RIDICULOUS!

But its here at last. Far more elegant than the ugly '06 Koa job, imho.

The action seems quite high, though. Is that normal? I thought they would be ready-to-play out of the box. Never bought a new guitar before.

I've set up all of my previous guitars myself in the past, and done a good job - low action, no fret buzz. Now I look at this gorgeous brand spankin' new instrument and suddenly I'm not confident of setting it up without breaking it. Where did this under confidence come from?

I've gotta do it though. I can't play it as it is, and I don't trust anyone else to touch it.

Maybe I should just frame it and stick it on the wall.

StandingO, for your information, the serial number is 491
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2005-12-17 12:14 AM (#125842 - in reply to #125841)
Subject: Re: My '05 collectors is here - just before '06!

Congrats Muzza!

They send all of the shims neatly stored under the saddle! Yes, they start out a little high. Adjust away.

Are there some major import issues down under? Why isn't there an Ovation Hamer Distributor?

Maybe you'll be the first one!

Enjoy
muzza
Posted 2005-12-17 12:31 AM (#125843 - in reply to #125841)
Subject: Re: My '05 collectors is here - just before '06!

Should I adjust the neck? or leave it alone. Are the necks set up out of the box? I play bar chords and a little simple lead, so I like the action LOOOWWWW!!

And, yes, there are Ovations down here, sure'nuff. But the '05 collectors isn't in the Ovation Australia catalogue, but for an indication of comparative price, an Al DiMeola ADII, which has similar specs to an '05, sells for $4000 AUD. I paid US $1030 for my '05 FRG, plus US $415 shipping. That comes to about $1850 AUD.

It's been a headache, but worth it. It's a lovely guitar.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)