The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1861 LX? From Guitar Trader.com?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

edzep
Posted 2005-12-19 5:14 PM (#125510)
Subject: 1861 LX? From Guitar Trader.com?

If this guitar has even been made (Ovation site does list the Standard Balladeer LX S/shallow), I only find one place on the net to list it. But, I don't get the same warm and fuzzy feeling from GuitarTrader.com that I get from Musician's Friend.

http://www.guitartrader.com/itempg.icl?orderidentifier=ID1135014954...

Any experience with Guitar Trader?
Anyone seen 1861 LX for around $850?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2005-12-19 7:44 PM (#125511 - in reply to #125510)
Subject: Re: 1861 LX? From Guitar Trader.com?

The picture in the ad is not an LX. Looks to me to be a plain ol' standard 1861.

But Ovation does indeed offer an 1861LX.
worshipleader
Posted 2005-12-19 8:53 PM (#125512 - in reply to #125510)

I have purchased from GuitarTrader.com, and my experience was straight up - absolutely no problems at all. Now, with Musicians Friend, the stories go on forever about things like getting returns resold as new, factory seconds not advertised as such and so on. I have personally had a few less-than-perfect things come from them, althought they have always made it "right" in the end.
dragonboy
Posted 2005-12-20 12:31 PM (#125513 - in reply to #125510)

For what it's worth, I give a big thumbs up to Guitar Trader.

I went to their physical store for the first time last night. It's not a chain, it's one location in San Diego, plus the web site. When I first walked in, I was a bit dissapointed because the staff looked pretty much like they were transplanted from the nearest GC... but what a difference.

I was there for awhile and observed them in action. This time of year, there's a lot of people buying guitars as presents who have no clue what they're doing. In other words, ripe to being ripped off. Didn't happen. The staff answered every question patiently, even though to them it was straight out of Guitar 101. They even steered people to lower priced purchases if it was right thing to do. (Wow. I actually witnessed good customer service in the New Millenium, in a guitar shop no less!)

I can't speak to warranty issues or stuff like that, but going on what I saw last night I wouldn't hesitate doing business with Guitar Trader.

By the way, they had a wall full of O's on prominent display... first things you saw when you walked into the acoustic room. :D
edzep
Posted 2005-12-20 2:30 PM (#125514 - in reply to #125510)

I appreciate the comments on Guitar Trader. I've also noted they have a very good rating at bizrate.com. I'm now leaning toward a 1777LX. Will consider buying from GT. (They could do themselves a big favor by spiffing up their web site.)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)