The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
No Guts Revisited

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Old Guitars & Triumph Cars
Posted 2005-12-20 12:17 PM (#125414)
Subject: No Guts Revisited

Well it does not seem as I am going to get any consideration monetarily wise for the Breadwinner of which I felt as being misrepresented but I shall move on. Still have not decided how I should rate seller. Any input?
The guitar I recieved, E00397, has nice body and neck. I bought another, E4431, with good internals but body is not quite as nice. Was going to restore one and hot rod the other, which brings me to some inquiries.
The E00397 has logo and number stamped in neck plate and the battery cover is plain and smooth and not stamped. It also has the 1/4 inch jack on back edge of body.Pup's are 12 pole w/6 adjusting poles and 6 rectangular. The case is form fitted and I consider it to be a semi hard case.
E4431 has raised impressions on both neck plate and battery cover. 12 pole non adjustable pup's and 1/4 inch on pickgaurd.Also has brass bridge but I suspect it has been changed.
Looking at E00397 suggests it is a '75 but pup's, stamped neck plate and smooth battery cover along with position of 1/4 inch jack I believe it appears to be earlier. Can anyone offer any info on this?
Also which of the aforementioned pup's are considered more desirable. I have also seen and heard talk of using Seymour Duncan Phatt Cats in these Breadwinners as desirable. Has EMG's been used to any satisfaction? The reason I ask is that they are electronic and thought that replacing with preamped pup's would lend more to the original essence of the guitar.
Thanks for any and all inputs and the previous posting I referenced can be found in the sell/trade section under "no guts". Some pic's of E00397 can be seen there also. :confused:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BruDeV
Posted 2005-12-20 4:34 PM (#125415 - in reply to #125414)
Subject: Re: No Guts Revisited

The ones with the leading zeros are the earlier type. Probably late 1972 - early 1973.
The large pickups are actually single coil pups.
Also the preamps for the different coil types are different.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)