The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

NY Norm
Posted 2005-12-24 5:49 AM (#124966)
Subject: Adamas question

That new Adamas 2080 for 2006 looks very nice. I'd love to try it out when it's available, but it's hard to find a dealer that carries even one Adamas of any kind.

My question is this: What kind of neck profile does the 2080 have? For that matter, how about the existing models, like the SMT and CVT series? Alpep's post said it had the "Advanced Neck System". I have an '83 Legend which has a pronounced V-shaped neck, and a 6778LX, which has a more traditional C-shape. Compared to a thin neck profile like those on Taylors, for example, the 6778LX neck is definitely chunkier, but I think it's just right. The too-thin necks are nice, but they tire my hand out after a while. I've been looking around on the web, but I only found one description of the SMT having a soft vintage V-neck. Is that true? Will the new 2080 have a neck like that on the LX series? Somehow, I find the LX is has just the right neck shape. Ovation really nailed it on the LX IMO.

Thanks for any insight on this, and have a great holiday!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bauerhillboy
Posted 2005-12-24 7:05 AM (#124967 - in reply to #124966)
Subject: Re: Adamas question

The reason for the "soft v" is to allow for the K-bar in the old-style neck. If they were to shave down the vee they'd cut into the aluminum bar. The new neck design doesn't have this concern. The new Adamas you're referring to probably has the LX neck.
NY Norm
Posted 2005-12-24 2:54 PM (#124968 - in reply to #124966)
Subject: Re: Adamas question

Thanks. I was thinking that the Advanced Neck System might mean the LX neck, but I figured you guys would know. I don't think there's a better place else that anyone could go to for info on Ovations and Adamas's than this forum.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)