The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation CC057 buzzing...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

AnDre
Posted 2005-12-24 11:13 PM (#124868)
Subject: Ovation CC057 buzzing...

Hey everyone,

I just bought an ovation CC057 (damn beautiful instrument) and I started playing in drop D tuning. I noticed that the low e string gave me a little buzz right near the bridge. So I went back to standard tuning and after a few minutes that string started buzzing again. It's only the low e string that is buzzing at the bridge, all the others are fine. Now I don't know if it could be the D'addario strings since they're a little thick.

I don't want to drive an hour to sam ash and have them mess with my guitar, so is there anything I can do to fix this myself?

Thank you.
Andre
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TexasDoc
Posted 2005-12-24 11:20 PM (#124869 - in reply to #124868)
Subject: Re: Ovation CC057 buzzing...

Is it buzzing on the fret or at the bridge? Play the note then put a finger on the bridge. If it stops, you may have a loose bridge. If it doesn't, check the neck relief.

If it is at the bridge, take a little mirror and look inside the hole to see if there is anything loose. Also may be some wires resting against the top.
AnDre
Posted 2005-12-24 11:35 PM (#124870 - in reply to #124868)
Subject: Re: Ovation CC057 buzzing...

*** after further inspection: the buzzing stops when I hold the string down over the nut, I've tightened the tuners and buzz is fixed. Thanks for the help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)