The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Slight Problem

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

_jd_
Posted 2005-12-28 4:27 PM (#124576)
Subject: Slight Problem

I'm not sure when I became obsessed with Ovation guitars. I think I can trace it back to when I found out that Colin Newman from Wire used one, as they were (and still are) one of my favourite bands.

I have been searching for a decent electric Ovation model for a while now but haven't had success finding one in my native England. An assistant in one of the largest UK guitar shops didn't even know electric Ovations existed. Ovations really are underappreciated.

Are there any international stockists who have electric Ovations for sale? It would be really helpful if someone could point me in the right direction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Alaskan Fly Guy
Posted 2005-12-28 5:37 PM (#124577 - in reply to #124576)
Subject: Re: Slight Problem

Have you looked just to the left and up a little from this text box at the SELL/TRADE section? There is a post of a white Breadwnner on it right now...
MWoody
Posted 2005-12-28 5:42 PM (#124578 - in reply to #124576)

They show up in various conditions and with increased notice and value.

While an acoustic can improve with age the solids, and their electronics, don't fare so well. Many, like me, have taken to assembling any parts they can get their hands on.

Check out the photo galleries and welcome!
stephent28
Posted 2005-12-28 6:43 PM (#124579 - in reply to #124576)

JD, I have 3 vipers, a UKII, and a Deacon available for sale. Check my gallery for photos.
Buckaroo
Posted 2005-12-28 11:40 PM (#124580 - in reply to #124576)

There are several electric Ovation models, they just never caught on main-stream. I agree that they are somewhat underrated and overlooked. They are well worth the money when the setup is right. I do remember when I started liking Ovations, it was right after I played one. Cheers!
jb
Posted 2005-12-29 3:00 AM (#124581 - in reply to #124576)

Welcome!

I think that, for electrics, eBay is your best bet - Ovation stopped making the electrics quite a while ago (back in the 80's I think), so second hand is your only option.

As people have said here, though - click on the Sell/Trade button on the left, and have a browse through there - you'll be stunned at what you can find.

Myself - I've got in the Harem (Ovation electric division) a Breadwinner, a Deacon, and a Tornado and think they're fantastic. Go on - shop til you drop!

JB
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2005-12-29 10:14 AM (#124582 - in reply to #124576)

jd,

Welcome to the club. If I remember correctly, one of the members of this board -- Paul Templeman -- is an Ovation dealer in the UK.

I have shipped a couple dozen used Ovations to buyers in the UK who bought them from me on eBay, but my stock is variable and limited. Al Pepiak -- one of the sponsors of this board -- is an authorized dealer who stocks new and used guitars at great prices AND he ships internationally, too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)