The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Step up and Introduce Yourself!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2010-04-28 3:33 AM (#4360 - in reply to #4310)
Subject: Re: Step up and Introduce Yourself!

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND.. IF YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE MODERATORS OF THE WELCOME CENTER, OR A NEW PERSON JOINING OF COURSE, YOU SHOULD NOT BE POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

I don't have a way to enforce this, but this thread is for NEW FOLKS SIGNING UP so the MODERATORS can grant them access to the rest of the site.

Just a friendly reminder.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jayteeee
Posted 2010-05-27 3:40 PM (#4361 - in reply to #4310)

This topic asks new registrants to identify themselves. Here goes. Used to be a "Brit", now dual-national "Brit-American", "American-Brit", Whatever! Now living near DC (N Va). Of my mini-collection (nine guitars only.....sad, I know) my McInturff Glory Standard is most prized....... I think. At any rate the McInturff Forum's the only one I ever joined before today. That said, why do I rejoice in the e-mail address "Ovation12@....."? Woo'ed by my sole Ovation's "Collecter's Edition" moniker, perhaps. Nice marketing ploy, Kaman! Mine's the 1999 (Waterfall Bubinga etc) -a real beauty.
Good to make your acquaintance, REAL Ovation lovers.
Qld Maple
Posted 2010-06-06 8:54 AM (#4362 - in reply to #4310)

Hi, I'm Andrew, Been a member for a while and I'm trying to figure out how to post in the forums. Been told I have to post in the welcome centre so I did that but I still can't post to the forum. What else do I have to do?
AussieJames
Posted 2010-06-06 8:57 AM (#4363 - in reply to #4310)

Nah........don't let him in...... :D

Sorry Mate......couldn't resist.....

I'm sure one of the mods will be along shortly...

AJ
MWoody
Posted 2010-06-06 12:08 PM (#4364 - in reply to #4310)

Andrew,
since you have already had the Tour or AJ's garage you are now good to go!
Balladeer Fan
Posted 2010-06-07 3:34 PM (#4365 - in reply to #4310)

Hi, folks. I'm Randy from Hopewell Junction, New York (although we refer to it as "Hopeless Junction").

I'm originally a professional drummer turned lawyer, who also plays guitar, bass and piano. Haven't played much in quite some time and, as I'm pushing 49, I rediscovered my muse recently. I pulled out my 1997 Ovation Balladeer in dark Bear Claw (a Sam Ash Special Edition I'm told), had her set up and restrung with DR Rare strings, and have been playin' up a storm. Thoroughly enjoying the journey, and glad to find this forum.
xseoer
Posted 2010-06-27 11:08 PM (#4366 - in reply to #4310)

Very nice!
Mick-Yorkshire-UK
Posted 2010-06-28 6:07 PM (#4367 - in reply to #4310)

Hi, My name is Mick and I live in Yorkshire, England.

Been playing since I was a teenager (now late 40s), mainly for relaxation and with friends but never in a band. No great talent but it's my therapy after a long day at the office.

Bought my first Ovation (the Ultra Deluxe) in 1984. It's a Korean built guitar but was way better than anything I'd had before, and has been my everyday guitar ever since. It's tone has improved with age.

Bought the beautiful Bergundy 30th Legend last year from a pro-musician in Scotland. Expected it to have some wear and tear but it is absolutely mint and hardly played. It sounds fantastic with the HFex pre-amp providing a wonderful variety of juiced sounds but also much more in yer face unplugged than the Ultra which is mellow by comparison. It's much lighter than the Ultra as well and the quality of workmanship and finish is stunning.

Always wanted a real GT Les Paul since I was a kid watching British 70s guitarists, strumming along on my tennis racquet.

The Custom Shop Strat is a beautiful transparent blue; looks and plays great.

Having compromised with copy guitars for many years, being able to acquire high end guitars has opened up a whole new chapter for my musical experience. I can now actually get a guitar to sound very close to those of my heroes.

Seriously envious of the prices you guys pay in the States. Typically, american guitars in UK are the same in Pounds as you pay in Dollars i.e. about 40% more at current rates.

My dream Ovation would be the OFCII. I followed the thread of the sales with great interest and enviously watched them go one by one. I contacted Al re: No.1 but with import duties to UK on top of the asking price, I'll have to dream a little longer. I just don't have that amount of cash available....yet!!! Amazed that I've seen Mr. Gallerinski selling his but it gives me hope that I may get my hands on one some day.

Visiting New York over Xmas 2010; staying in Times Square area. I would appreciate any members' tips for guitar shops and live music venues to visit while we're there.

Love the site

All the best from Blighty

Mick
xseoer
Posted 2010-06-29 11:59 PM (#4368 - in reply to #4310)

lizhou,F
Guitar Amateur
Have 2 guitars
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)