The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Step up and Introduce Yourself!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Mitzdawg
Posted 2010-03-24 4:35 PM (#4335 - in reply to #4310)
Subject: Re: Step up and Introduce Yourself!

Hi Julian,
Welcome to the OFC!
I recently got the same guitar for my daughter, who's learning to play. I must say that the CC24 is nothing to be shy about. Like most Celebs, it's a terrific buy for the money. Sounds good - especially as an "apartment guitar" and sounds great when plugged in.
You'll be happy with it, I'm sure.
'Dawg
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mandoman
Posted 2010-03-26 9:34 AM (#4336 - in reply to #4310)

Hi all, I go by the user name mandoman..because I play mandolin.LOL I'm loving my ovation mandolin.
but need to ask some questions. I can't seem to post a new thread, says I don't have permission. is there a reason for this or am I doing something wrong?.
thanks
Mandoman
CrimsonLake
Posted 2010-03-26 11:05 AM (#4337 - in reply to #4310)

You're good to go on the main board Mando. Welcome aboard and have fun!

I had an Ovation mandolin, but sold. I enjoyed it very much and would definitely like to get another one at some point.
mandoman
Posted 2010-03-26 11:11 AM (#4338 - in reply to #4310)

Thanks for the Welcome Crimson, but were do I post a Question about changing tuners?
I was trying in the General.
CrimsonLake
Posted 2010-03-26 1:26 PM (#4339 - in reply to #4310)

Mando - the General Section is the correct place to post the question. At the upper right hand portion of the screen, there should be a "New Topic" button. Click on that.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2010-03-26 2:02 PM (#4340 - in reply to #4310)

Actually the best place to ask your first question is right here in the Welcome Center. That's what it's for... to help build an FAQ of the most common first questions.

But the general area is ok to if you have access, we just have been encouraging people to start their "first" question here, as it will help new folks as they come looking for information as well.
mandoman
Posted 2010-03-26 3:59 PM (#4341 - in reply to #4310)

thanks again guys, I tried the gen sec out again before I read here and I was able to post.
Cheers
Mandoman
Ingrid Hansen
Posted 2010-04-17 1:10 AM (#4342 - in reply to #4310)

Hi. My name is Ingrid and I've fallen for the "Os" in a big way. I found a 12 string 1758 Elite and was just amazed by the big sound and the nice action on the fretboard. In short order I purchased a super shallow CS 257 and have a 6868 Elite on the way.
SOBeach
Posted 2010-04-20 2:20 PM (#4343 - in reply to #4310)

Hi, my name's Jeff a.k.a. "SOBeach". I live in Miami, FL.

I'm a new OFC member, but a long time lurker, and an even longer Ovation owner and fan. Bought my first in the mid 70's, a Legend 6 string. Years later I decided I also wanted a 12 string and found a used 80's Legend in excellent condition.

I've heard that "3 of anything constitutes a collection", so I guess my "collection" technically began when I bought a Tangent series MOB 57. And then became official when I got the Adamas Millennium, and "certifiable" with the addition of the UK II and the Storm series Eclipse! Damn you Ebay!!! ;)

Pics are here:

my Ovations

My OFC Ning site page is:

my OFC Ning page

I picked the nickname "SOBeach" from a song I wrote. I have a bit of a preference towards beach theme tunes and laid-back easy listening acoustic music. :D
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-22 4:07 PM (#4344 - in reply to #4310)

Good Day, I have been playing ovation guitars since I was 16, I am now 49. Released my first cd 2 years ago called Cry For Help, Kit Mann. Contemporary and blues music. All Recorded with my ovations. UKll,2 ovation elites, ovation 12 string, ovation classical guitar. Now I need Help. My brother in law just purchased a 1967 Tornado. It does not have the original neck or wammy bar. Is there anyone that has these to sell. I have got him really intrested in ovation guitars and I want to help. so if you can help me I would be very grateful. Thank You Kit Mann
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-22 4:08 PM (#4345 - in reply to #4310)

Good Day, I have been playing ovation guitars since I was 16, I am now 49. Released my first cd 2 years ago called Cry For Help, Kit Mann. Contemporary and blues music. All Recorded with my ovations. UKll,2 ovation elites, ovation 12 string, ovation classical guitar. Now I need Help. My brother in law just purchased a 1967 Tornado. It does not have the original neck or wammy bar. Is there anyone that has these to sell. I have got him really intrested in ovation guitars and I want to help. so if you can help me I would be very grateful. Thank You Kit Mann
stonebobbo
Posted 2010-04-22 10:32 PM (#4346 - in reply to #4310)

Welcome, Kit. Can you point us to someplace we can listen to your music? I rode the google bus for a while but didn't find you anywhere. Would love to give it a listen.
Telebass
Posted 2010-04-23 11:19 AM (#4347 - in reply to #4310)

Hi, I'm Dennis, from Cornwall in the UK. I'm mainly here as a tech with a job to do on a Breadwinner, but think I'll be looking around a bit also!
Telebass? I'm a bass player who's main interest is in early-50s-style Precision Basses.
Cheers,
Den
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-23 1:22 PM (#4348 - in reply to #4310)

You can go to smashed productions.net or amazon.com or email me your address stonebobbo or you can call me at 765-825-3074
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-23 1:29 PM (#4349 - in reply to #4310)

Telebass, I was stationed in Europe from 79 to 83. I loved everything i experienced there. I use to go and watch the foosball games all the time and drove all over Europe. In the UK it was odd on the other side of the road. Didn't know if my Opal commador could handle it. My brother in law and I would really like any help you can give.
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-23 2:06 PM (#4350 - in reply to #4310)

Im Sorry I should not of used my phone number please do not call, just email me at Kitmann@me.com Thanks for understanding
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-23 2:09 PM (#4351 - in reply to #4310)

Telebass if you know of anyone selling any solid body or storm seres guitars let me know. I'm disabled so I can not afford a lot in fact I have been looking for a breadwinner or deacon for a long time. Thanks brother
kitmann
Posted 2010-04-23 2:29 PM (#4352 - in reply to #4310)

Jail house boy mcgee. could you give me an email address so I could find the prices on you guitars for sale. Breadwinner, Deacon, Preacher, Viper, or any storm collection guitar. My Brother in law who I introduced to ovation has now a 67 Tornado with out the original neck and wammy bar set up. Could you help. Which is funny because that is the name of of cd recorded with all ovation guitars. You can read my posting above on that title of cd Cry for Help. Thanks Brother.
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-24 11:13 PM (#4353 - in reply to #4310)

Hey everyone. I am brand new to the forum. Name is Tony, aka load.toad Handle comes from my job. I am in the U.S. Air Force, and "Load" Bombs, missiles, bullets, guns, and the sort onto Fighters, bombers, helicopters etc. I currently live in Okinawa Japan. Love the weather, and the beaches. I have been playing off and on for 11 yrs. Ovation was the first acoustic I played, but never owned one until recently. I just picked up a used iDea for 300 bucks. Had to, cause thats the price of the preamp anyways. My next is going to be an 1868 TX. My favorite guitar sadly is an Ovation knockoff. I picked this nasty dude up in Korea a few months ago, and it is great. It plays, sounds, and looks better than the idea. And it was only $250. It's a "Mars" Which I cannot find any info on, but it is a lot of fun. Thanks for this forum, lots of awesome info!
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-25 4:58 AM (#4354 - in reply to #4310)

Ok, lets try and post this pic one more time lol.

now like I said, not an Ovation, but South Korea's take on it called a Mars.
stonebobbo
Posted 2010-04-25 2:23 PM (#4355 - in reply to #4310)

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Welcome, load.toad. Ovations are generally good guitars to take over there ... I wouldn't take that Mars guitar as it would make way too inviting a target. ;)

We appreciate your service and commitment.
Rock Blues Guitarist GW Williams
Posted 2010-04-25 11:45 PM (#4356 - in reply to #4310)

Hi just wanted to hello, I am new to the Ovation forum, but I am not new to Ovation guitars.
I bought my first Ovation Legend 1717 back about 25 years ago, it's maybe the best guitar I've ever heard. I also own a newer Ovation 1777 XL Legend which is now 5 years old almost.
I also have an electric les Paul gibson and an electric Epiphone Jazz guitar.
I do a lot of playing professionally and sell my music world wide and tour from time to time when I am not in my studio recording albums.
Anyways would love to hear from you all.
Thanks GW Williams
moody, p.i.
Posted 2010-04-26 10:16 AM (#4357 - in reply to #4310)

Which Epi jazz box do you have?
Peter S
Posted 2010-04-27 7:00 AM (#4358 - in reply to #4310)

Hi GW WIlliams!!!

Quite a resume you have there...Do you have any utubes or video links to see some of your work?

PS. I was in Monterey this exact time last year. Very beautiful place.
Darkbar
Posted 2010-04-27 2:17 PM (#4359 - in reply to #4310)

Wow! This is a great thread!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)