The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
What's changed with editing posts ???

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Weaser P
Posted 2006-12-31 6:29 PM (#122914 - in reply to #122889)
Subject: Re: What's changed with editing posts ???

Sounds fair to me. Especially if they're getting hit with accusations and insinuations. Let's face it - for most of us it'll be no issue at all so let's not make it one. Next...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2006-12-31 6:32 PM (#122915 - in reply to #122889)

I think it is necessary but I would like a ten minute minimum ticker on the edit ability.
muzza
Posted 2006-12-31 8:02 PM (#122916 - in reply to #122889)

Will we be able to get the moderators to delete or edit posts if absolutely necessary? (for me, that would be every second post)
Jason_S
Posted 2007-01-01 12:21 AM (#122917 - in reply to #122889)

the only thing that truly sucks about the new config on the edit feature is that if you server freezes while you are posting a post and it posts several copys you cant deleat them....jason
Stevechapman
Posted 2007-01-01 12:33 AM (#122918 - in reply to #122889)

Well there is something else that kind of sucks, and that is if you make a typo and then don't realize it till later and you want to make corrections you can't do it.
Other than that i totally understand.
HEY AL!!..You mean you actually remove the tags off of your Mattress??
and you actually throw away Junk Mail??
well, ..I never thought you would do such a thing! ;) :D
Jason_S
Posted 2007-01-01 12:55 AM (#122919 - in reply to #122889)

steve,one of my hobbies is ripping tags of of mattress's. im barred from mattress warehouse for ripping tags off..lol...jason
luthier444
Posted 2007-01-01 3:50 AM (#122920 - in reply to #122889)

WOW!!!! Maybe I should make more late night threads that noone sees???? It will make it easier than waking up at 4:00 AM and editing.. YAY!!!!!!!!!! Happy 2007!!!! oh god its 3:49am now Jan 1 2007.

HMMMMM???? What should I post???
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2007-01-01 3:57 AM (#122921 - in reply to #122889)

A couple of notes...

- Use the latest version of Firefox. It has built in spell check that is wonderful. Don't know how I lived without it.

- If you double-post or need something edited or deleted due to error, just send me an email. I actually do fix double posts when I see them. I don't see that as editing, just happens sometimes.

As for deleting, Al stated part of the problem. The other part, is that we tend to get off track sometimes. Again, not an issue. However as has happened recently more than once... A person starts a thread, and their issue is addressed, and the topic takes a turn. Sometimes even a good turn, of more good info. The person originating the topic decides that their issue has been addressed and deletes the their message which deletes the whole topic. Everything is lost.

The bottom line is as Al stated. Too many times over the years Al and I have been accused of deleting threads or messages, and we simply don't. I know of about 3 deletions I have done EVER, and they were just admin things or the time a person posted a bunch of inappropriate stuff.

On the bright side, I actually take the accusations as a compliment in a bent way. There are so few boards with the amount of daily traffic as the OFC that don't have to be highly regulated. The OvationFanClub.com doesn't need moderating much because of the efforts of the majority of the members who post here. It's something to be proud of. The other boards that I frequent that have this amount of info and allow pretty much anyone to participate are usually zoos, and have to have moderators on staff. We don't, and there is rarely an issue. Once every couple of years to have a problem, is basically, not having a problem.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year.

We're starting into year 6 now I believe... (it's late, someone can verify that please)... Hope we're around for at least as many more years.
alpep
Posted 2007-01-01 12:45 PM (#122922 - in reply to #122889)

Originally posted by muzza:
Originally posted by alpep:
Miles changed the limit to unlimited to an undisclosed lenth of time.
the reason is that many people were posting then deleting posts and then accusing myself or miles of editing collusion petty thieft arson etc etc etc.
as a result, these folks that feel they want to hit and run the board and then stir up the pot will no longer be able to do that.

I for one, feel it is long overdue.
So you're letting these 'folks' run the board, then?
just wanted to add that NO quite the contray muzza. Miles and I run this board. We try to be fair and honest and open yet often LIES are prepetuated by individuals who feel the need to discredit me.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when a post was made by a respected member who made the statement that "he would never believe anything EVER posted by Al or Miles" on this website. This indivdual subsequently recieved an e mail from an exec at Kaman that explained the problem and situation ultimately absolving Miles and myself of any wrongdoing. I have YET to see an apology from this individual. He totally disrupted this message board under false accusations. I feel that a public apology is necessary to at least clear the air. My thinking is we will never see it.

As a result, Miles and I again have to hold the reins a little tighter and this is one method of doing so. Yes it may cause a minor inconvenience for you. I have been asked by members many times to edit or correct posts and I have done so. I sincerly doubt that this will inhibit anyone from posting.

I have posts archieved that have appeared for a short amount of time. they were then deleted and were meant to disrupt or "send a message" to the moderators. These posts were made with the sole purpose to disrupt this board and in essense ultimately destroy it. Sorry, as long as I am here this will not happen. It fascinates me how someone could spend so much effort trying to destroy something that is so good. That effort is better spent elsewhere.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-01 2:13 PM (#122923 - in reply to #122889)

Don't worry, Al. I will never ask you to correct my spelling. I'm sure that takes a load off your mind.
Seriously, I think the people on this board are as trustworthy as any, and much more trustworthy than most.
cruster
Posted 2007-01-01 9:45 PM (#122924 - in reply to #122889)

Al, you forgot to include in your list of violations:

Worst Salesman in the World

EDIT: I tried to delete this post, but my time had expired. :D
Jeff W.
Posted 2007-01-02 7:55 AM (#122925 - in reply to #122889)

:D
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)