The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Happy New Year!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

CrimsonLake
Posted 2006-12-31 7:32 PM (#122855)
Subject: Happy New Year!!

I wanted to take this chance to wish everyone here a very happy and healthy new year! Last year was made better through the rediscovery of my love of the guitar and through finding this crazy place. I got to meet a couple of you in person this year and look forward to meeting many more of you next year.

I hope everyone has a fun, safe new years eve... now it's off to the bowling alley!

Warmest Regards,

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Captain Lovehandles
Posted 2006-12-31 7:50 PM (#122856 - in reply to #122855)
Subject: Re: Happy New Year!!

Mike, I agree that it's been a good one. I got to see Samova again, meet Philmax, cholloway and Popcritic, got a new Ovation, traded emails with a dozen or more clubbers, got a uke, got both volumes of the OFC CDs, took a turn with the wooden roundback, played two original slotheads and two of Kaki's guitars... If I can meet more players, play more guitar and make some contribution to the club next year, I'll mark 2007 down as a success too. Happy New Year (in a little over 4 hours) to all!

Jas
Jason_S
Posted 2006-12-31 9:39 PM (#122857 - in reply to #122855)

its been a great year for me here at the ocf!! ive met several members,i got to hang out with al for the second time and met mike and his wife saturday...oh yea did i mention i got my adamas at the same time..lol i opted to stay home tonight,i steamed some shrimp,restrung my adamas,got a 12pack of yuengling and am staying in tonight. i hope everyone has a safe and fun newyears...jason
Tupperware
Posted 2006-12-31 10:19 PM (#122858 - in reply to #122855)

Yes, Happy New Year to all! Hard to believe it's been almost a year since Cliff set his hair on fire. Some amazing things have transpired the the past 12 months. The summer gathering in Jersey was great as was the factory tour. What a thrill to have Bill deliver my 47RI to me. Thanks to the Fishsticks for being such good sports. Just wait until next time. A huge highlight for me was the visit to my Ovation/Adamas friends in France. Jerome, I thank you again for your wonderful hospitality. Believe it or not, I exit '06 with fewer guitars than I strated. I handed off some very special (to me) instruments to new homes. Don't cry for me - I did pick up a few new things along the way. A lot of new friendships got started. And existing friendships got strengthened. I don't think I pissed off anyone too badly. My family is healthy and we have a hell of a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks for including me in the ride,

Dave
colt357
Posted 2006-12-31 10:56 PM (#122859 - in reply to #122855)

I must echo that also...Happy New Years!!! to all here. I found this site at a low point musically for me and you have all helped me through the rough of it. My interest in playing is back and I have a refreshed interest in learning again.

Having my 1112-4 brought back to life better than before by the Mothership has been the highlight of the year for me. Exposure to you all has brought on GAS more than once and it's been fun to realize desire for another instrument again.

This is a wonderful community and my life is fuller for finding it...thanks to all and to all, the best in the year ahead.

Dave
Jérôme
Posted 2006-12-31 11:38 PM (#122860 - in reply to #122855)

Happy new year to everyone!!

2006 will stay in my memory for a long long time.
It has been a very special year full of amazing moments that I've never expected in my sweetest dreams.

I'll never forget the first time I've met Dave in Paris.
It was so crazy and so great to have such a guest for the first French O's gathering in Paris.
Dave, we're waiting for you for the next edition because without you, it will not have the same taste!!!
And I've got so much beautiful things more to show you in Paris.

My guitar family has grown during all the year with stunning models (#47, Adamas II slothead, Adamas I 12s, Adamas II wide neck...) and I hope that I will be able to find some little sisters to enlarge the family in 2007... :D

I'd like to thank you all because without your help and your kindness, ovationtribute couldn't be the same.

Bonne et heureuse année à tous!!

Jerome :)
Stuart Miller
Posted 2007-01-01 12:05 AM (#122861 - in reply to #122855)

Happy Hogmanay to my friends here at the OFC. I wish you all health, wealth and the love of family and friends.
Stevechapman
Posted 2007-01-01 12:15 AM (#122862 - in reply to #122855)

Happy New Year Everyone! Health and love to everyone during 2007 and always.
Jeff
Posted 2007-01-01 1:27 AM (#122863 - in reply to #122855)

My very best wishes to everyone here for a healthy and happy new year.

2006 started out great for me, with my return to live gigging after a 12 year "retirement," and ends... well, I don't want to say it's ending "badly" because I'm a truly blessed man in many, many ways. However, some of you may recall that in October I had to face the reality that my cancer had returned, and I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy for the second time in less than two years. With that, I'm already guaranteed at least one major challenge for the new year... Surviving the chemo!

I'm really looking forward to the new year. I serve an awesome God who's still in the business of healing and restoring that which is broken, and I have an incredible support system in my family, friends and church. Whether you know it or not, you all are part of that support system too. I come here several times a day just to read, catch up and generally get my mind off "other things." Like Tuppy said, thanks for letting me come along for the ride!

I'm still holding out hope that I'll be able make the factory tour this year. If I do it will be my first, but like it or not, my health issues will be the deciding factor of whether I make the tour or not. It's high time I met some of y'all face to face. I've been a member of this forum/fan club since only a few months into its existance, but I've yet to meet any of you in the flesh. Here's hoping that will change this year.

Happy new year and God Bless.
FrançoisJR
Posted 2007-01-01 1:46 AM (#122864 - in reply to #122855)

As this forum is planetary and that everyone at last January first!!!

Happy New Year, Love, Health, Guitars to everyone!!!

Long life with OFC

FrançoisJR
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-01 3:09 AM (#122865 - in reply to #122855)

Happy New Year (about an hour ago).
HobbyPicker
Posted 2007-01-01 7:03 AM (#122866 - in reply to #122855)

Happy New Year to all of you, hope it'll be another good one!
Waskel
Posted 2007-01-01 9:11 AM (#122867 - in reply to #122855)

My best wishes to everyone for a happy and prosperous new year!
I don't know how it could be better for me than 2006, which started out with an Adamas II and ended up with an '87 Collectors (with a Viper in the middle)! Blessed I am.

May everyone enjoy a full year of health, happiness and guitar playing (and lots of carrots)!
wilblee
Posted 2007-01-01 11:01 AM (#122868 - in reply to #122855)

Happy New Year, everyone.

Jeff, you're on my list, brother.

--bill
Paulcc1
Posted 2007-01-01 12:46 PM (#122869 - in reply to #122855)

Well it's 2007! It's a little early to tell whats next but 2006 was just plain awesome the church is doing well God is great. I received a custom telecaster as a gift in October for pastor appreciation month, wrote a song got it recorded and its even on the OFC CD thank you Dave very much. What is next I don't know but I will remain firm in my faith and serve God with all my strength.
Jeff I am praying for you also.
Paul (Pauly)
Jeff
Posted 2007-01-01 12:50 PM (#122870 - in reply to #122855)

Thanks Bill and Paul... I deeply appreciate it. :)
alpep
Posted 2007-01-01 12:50 PM (#122871 - in reply to #122855)

I was glad to see 06 go.

Looking forward to moving forward in 07
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-01 1:43 PM (#122872 - in reply to #122855)

2006 was an Ovation feast for me. 1614 and 1624, then the 87 Collector, the Ute, Balladeer 12 and finally the 30th Anniversary. That's only one every couple months.
Also met Dave down in Arizona, Stonebobbo and Waskel in Boise and the whole bunch at gh1's for the NW Gathering. Great guitars and great people.
I don't expect to keep up the pace for 2007. I would be happy if it was half as good. I predict there will be a blue Adamas in my future, unless the OFC guitar suddenly comes about.
MWoody
Posted 2007-01-01 3:01 PM (#122873 - in reply to #122855)

Well, the outside Xmas lights and decorations are taken down and put away for next year (my Zone). The house is strewn with containers as my Wife takes down the inside decorations (her Zone). Dog and Cats giving final inspection to every box. The home will be a little darker now that the twinkle of lights is gone but they say that the days are getting longer.

I have taken down my most excellent OFC 2006 Calendar and have hung up the 2007. January speaks to me. It says "those French guys are NUTS!". Thank God for Fanatics and Dreamers in the right time and place.

No resolutions but I have some wishes for the new year.

I want to hear from Bailey more often.

I want to become a capable solid body player.

I want to help more and criticize less.

I want to play guitar with other people much more often.

I want to make my final payment to Al so I can start an initial payment on the Koa 6 string...

Wishing that peace and understanding covers your homes and hearts in this year ahead.
cliff
Posted 2007-01-01 3:42 PM (#122874 - in reply to #122855)

Two things that I missed this year were hearing two of my favorite NewYear's tunes. For some reason, I can't find my CD copy of either. I've even gone as far as scouring the coat closet looking for last NYE's overcoat, to no avail.

George Harrison's "DingDong".
part of the lyrics came from the carved stone mantle of his fireplace:
"Yesterday Today Will Be Tomorrow . . and Tomorrow Today Will Be Yesterday"

Pete Townshend's "Brand New Year".
Not positive on the exact title of this one, but I know it's near the end of the "IronMan" album.

GoodSeasonalTunes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)