The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
SWMBO and the benefits there-of

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Slipkid
Posted 2007-01-02 9:46 PM (#122555)
Subject: SWMBO and the benefits there-of

I posted this on a page 3 in the FOR SALE section but then thought it might do more here.

Wives... ya gotta love em.
A few days ago Pam re-stated that the Breadwinner and the old Balladeer are not going anywhere...ever. I then told her how special the AD-II and UTE are and how I can't see parting with either of them. To this my wife suggested that perhaps the next guitar, (next???? Did she say NEXT??), should be one that I can rotate in and out as the wants/needs or new models come up.

On top of all that, while discussing the budget for the upcoming year one of the first things she brought up was how we need to have money ready for the OFC Tour.

And to be fair, I have supported and encouraged her new scrapbooking hobby that she enjoys so much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jason_S
Posted 2007-01-02 9:55 PM (#122556 - in reply to #122555)
Subject: Re: SWMBO and the benefits there-of

mine bought me the adamas w681 for xmas..so ive had to take more time to do the things she enjoys. like bingo,playing cards with here friends,being a speicman for her new photography hobby. jason
Slipkid
Posted 2007-01-02 10:03 PM (#122557 - in reply to #122555)

And to be fair,
I don't want to imply that I support her scrap-booking just because I "owe" her something. It's just great to see her enjoy something so much.

And Jason... the "specimen for the photography hobby" thing creeps me out just a little.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
nudge nudge... ;) ;) know what I mean.
Jason_S
Posted 2007-01-02 10:12 PM (#122558 - in reply to #122555)

i enjoy everything except playing cards 3 nights a week with her friends from work...i bought here a cannon rebel slr for xmas and im glad she is using it..just wish she would find something besides me or the dog to photograph..lol jason
CrimsonLake
Posted 2007-01-02 10:18 PM (#122559 - in reply to #122555)

Brad - I wholeheartedly agree. When I approached my wife (trembling) about getting the #47RI, she didn't hesitate to give me the go ahead, despite the cost. That was in August. Since then she has put up with the influx of guitars, guitar parts, music books, tools, and so on. The fact that she is supportive of the whole thing makes life sooooo much better.

Hopefully I can drag her to the tour as I'm sure she would have a great time.
mtnbikerfred
Posted 2007-01-02 10:40 PM (#122560 - in reply to #122555)

Some have heard the story already. My wife, daughter, and I (and 4 birds Including a baby we were still hand feeding) rented a mini van, and drove straight through to Texas to visit her family and attend the OFCTX get together at Old Magnolia Town. I had already taken my self off "the A list" for a U681T thinking (because I was told) it would have a neck width and profile similar to other Adamas models. When We got there, and TTenn gave me a ride at to Paul Wag's Kin-folk's place, I never though I'd be coming home with a new guitar, but once I picked up the U681T Mike Stevens had brought out, admittedly, I was smitten. To make matters worse people kept handing it back to me to play. Often. Well, an offer to stupid to pass up was made (by Mike, not me), and my Bride said, "If we go ahead and get it, I'll sell extra dolls to pay for it". The rest as they say, is history.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-02 10:47 PM (#122561 - in reply to #122555)

As much as I complain, my wife bought me the 30th Anniversary Custom Legend when I suggested it would be a good Anniversary present for next year. She wrote the check for the 1537 after getting outbid on one on ebay that she was trying to get me for my birthday. She bought my first Ovation, the Matrix, for our wedding, when she had a job and helped put me through my last year of law school.
She warmed up to Porsches and now holds a volunteer job with the Porsche club.
I think she just likes rolling her eyes and complaining about my Ovation obsession, just like I like to complain, but it's all sarcastic. My only real complaint is she snores.
lanaki
Posted 2007-01-03 12:20 AM (#122562 - in reply to #122555)

I'm gearing up for delayed gratification...I hope!, having recently sold my very nice Almansa classical guitar in order to start saving up for another Adamas, preferably a UTE if I can find one. (I have been in touch with Tony Calman regarding this).
Now my SWMBO, Shirley, has her eye on a very nice sewing machine since her last one gave up the ghost recently. I was only able to print a photo of the machine and place it in a Christmas card promising her as soon as I received the funds from the guitar sale, she could order it. There goes a bit more than half the money towards another Adamas. She's not that excited, yet, about me getting another Adamas though. She really liked the sound of the Gibson J-200 I sold and is comparing my W597 acoustically with it. She is a wonderful singer and we often duet together at functions. She is about convinced that I need another guitar with good acoustic volume so hopefully she will place her blessings on my acquiring a nice woven top, deep-bodied Adamas or two! The idea of a 12 string UTE is fascinating so I contacted a certain person today regarding both of these options. It will be awhile before either option is affordable though.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-03 12:21 AM (#122563 - in reply to #122555)

I forgot to mention that the Ute was a replacement for last year's Christmas present my wife tried to get me, a day of driving instruction with new Porsches. That fell though, but the Ute helped me deal with my disappointment.
muzza
Posted 2007-01-03 4:54 AM (#122564 - in reply to #122555)

At least I don't hide the '05 collectors in the garage any more. I hide it at a friends house now.

I just bought a new chainsaw on eBay. That's gonna go in the garage where the 05 used to live.

I'm frightened of my SWMBO.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-03 2:22 PM (#122565 - in reply to #122555)

A little fear is a good thing. I've only hid an amp in the garage and then it was just in the trunk long enough for me to make sure I could sneak it downstairs without her seeing it, so that I could wait for the "right time" to tell her. The right time never came, and she thought it was funny that I hid the $85 amp from her, when she found out. I bet your 05 cost more than $85, so maybe your fear is more rational than mine.
cliff
Posted 2007-01-03 2:33 PM (#122566 - in reply to #122555)

Nancies.
an4340
Posted 2007-01-03 2:41 PM (#122567 - in reply to #122555)

On the topic of women, don't get me started ...
gh1
Posted 2007-01-03 2:47 PM (#122568 - in reply to #122555)

I really haven't had a problem until recently. I contacted a local luthier to see if i could come over to his shop and talk about building me a jazz guitar.

So, he calls me back while we were cooking. Sheri picks up the phone, "can i ask who's calling?" (She's good about screening panhandlers :) )

Anyway, i'm talking to this guy and i make arrangements to go over to his shop. He's getting ready for NAMM and has a bunch of finished models, but only has one window for me to see them. As i set the time to visit, i get the cold flames look.

I set the time for the exact time i promised to take the freaking dog to the vet, not 20 minutes earlier!!! BAD MOVE, but i forgot all about it in the excitement!!! i'm going anyway, and it looks like i'm in for a chilly winter. She usually at least fakes interest in my guitar fetish, but she didn't even want to see the guy's gallery on the web. This dratted dog better not die!!

_____
gh1
Phil Wong
Posted 2007-01-03 2:47 PM (#122569 - in reply to #122555)

I thought SWMBO stood for "She Wants More B%#$&% Ovations"
Slipkid
Posted 2007-01-04 6:50 PM (#122570 - in reply to #122555)

Last night we watched a documentary on Niagra Falls. When it was over, Pams said, "Won't that have looked nice in hi-def on a big flat screen?" :D :eek:
"Why yes dear... that would look nice. :cool:
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)