The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Kaki King lands in Australia

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

gh1
Posted 2007-01-08 12:38 PM (#121428)
Subject: Kaki King lands in Australia

"Sound of one hand slapping"
Article here.

_____
gh1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jb
Posted 2007-01-08 1:09 PM (#121429 - in reply to #121428)
Subject: Re: Kaki King lands in Australia

Nice.

Erm, Popcritic or anyone...

Is there a schedule up somewhere? Just that my Mum is in South Australia for a few weeks, so wondered if there was a gig I could point her towards...

JB
gh1
Posted 2007-01-08 1:34 PM (#121430 - in reply to #121428)

Try this
under the "hands" section.
_____
gh1
popcritic
Posted 2007-01-08 2:30 PM (#121431 - in reply to #121428)

This from one of her tour blogs....

Friday, January 05, 2007

"I'm in Sydney right now, the weather is gorgeous--this is the first day of my entire australian trip that it hasn't rained--and of course i'm inside a dark dingy internet cafe so i can get my email fix. In a few minutes we are going to drive to the blue mountains and on our directions for when we get to the town i'm playing in (katoomba) we are to "ask a local where the club is." so laid back and australian. if i was in the US i'd have everything mapquested down to the foot.

I am learning the local customs more and more each day: i now know how thin to spread my vegemite, what to do when a gigantic toad hops into my hotel room, and how to pronounce "no" properly--with 3 sylables and all 5 vowel sounds, like "nooouuuaaaaeeeii"

Some other highlights: finding out that there is very little difference between american hippies and australian hippies, except the australians eat way more museli. discovering that the tastiest food at the festival is from a stand run by a serious freaky cult. eating said tasty food despite being served by bearded men and women in long brown handmade dresses that cover their wrists and ankles. swimming in the ocean and having everyone around scream that there are dolphins close (except i couldn't see them because i couldn't wear my glasses in the water.) fish and chips fish and chips fish and chips. learning to drive on the wrong side of the road (and occasionally forgetting which side is the proper side and swerving and screaming and thanking god for saving your life a lot.)

and of course . . . being collected by christy and being told i have 2 more minutes to finish my australian blog because we have to drive.

more later!!!!

kaki

Best to all--

Dave King
Kaki's dad
philmax
Posted 2007-01-08 2:59 PM (#121432 - in reply to #121428)

what better way to see the world!!! Dave we share your joy for all Kaki's success and a lot more to come!!! phil and family

Got hooked on Australia, on the Man From Snowy River, one of the greatest places on earth!
jb
Posted 2007-01-09 3:46 AM (#121433 - in reply to #121428)

Cheers for the link, gh1.

Shame that my Mum won't be able to catch her (apparently it's quite a long way from Adelaide to Sydney... looks about the same as Washington DC to St Louis for the American dudes, or London to Romania for the UK Cats)...

Glad to hear that it's stopped raining on Kaki though! Hope that she has a great tour, and a fantastic experience down there - from the blog it sounds like it's all well on the way!

JB
CrimsonLake
Posted 2007-01-09 1:17 PM (#121434 - in reply to #121428)

Is anyone going to the NYC show on January 20th? It's Kaki and a few others. I might drive up and stay overnight.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)