The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Curious CDX44

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Stevechapman
Posted 2007-01-08 2:57 PM (#121381)
Subject: Curious CDX44

I'm not sure if this has been brought up. but i just noticed that The Celebrity Deluxe Line now has the CDX44.
The specs have this guitar witha solid spruce top,modified quintad bracing,rosewood fingerboard,
walnut bridge, gold machineheads with pearl buttons and the Ovation High output pickup with the op-pro pre-amp

Has anyone tried one of these guitars?
with theexception of the rosewood fingerboard and walnut bridge. The specs look simular to the
Elites(mind you that's just at a glance).
I'm just mainily curious. the pics look good.
I wonder how these play?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2007-01-10 6:10 PM (#121382 - in reply to #121381)
Subject: Re: Curious CDX44

well, I think I found a topic on this guitar,(see what happens when you stay gone for so long?)I'm still curious if these are good players or not. some of the celebs seem to be improving on the workmanship end. I mean i know it's not a Made in the ole USA Ovation, but by the looks and the op-Pro pre-amp it would appear to be a pretty good for the price guitar.And OK i like the blue!any other thoughts on this model?
bauerhillboy
Posted 2007-01-11 7:21 AM (#121383 - in reply to #121381)
Subject: Re: Curious CDX44

Hi Steve! The one big thing missing in the imports is a laminated Mahogany/Maple neck with the new design. They're still the lower-quality 1-pc. Nato (an inferior type of mahogany that's not as stable as the mahogany used on USA Ovations).

However, if you poke around a little further for info, you'll find the Ultra. It's made from sub-assemblies that come from an "off-shore" factory (a gentle term used to ease us into accepting foreign-made Ovations). These sub-assemblies are then shipped to the USA...I assume Conn....for final assembly and set-up.

People in China are not inferior to people in the US. They can eventually get as good at making guitars as we can here. It's just that instead of making $15/hr they get $5/day or something like that. I'll bet the CDX44 is 95% as good as a US made Ovation (except for the neck). Kaman is bringing imports closer and closer to being exactly the same as USA products. When they're equal, all that's left is to decide what few models, if any, need to be made in this country.

Any other thoughts? I need a lift. John <>{
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)