The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1234
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Some pictures from NAMM

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Charlie Ramon
Posted 2007-01-28 8:22 AM (#119792 - in reply to #119717)
Subject: Re: Some pictures from NAMM

Dave, that makes sense to me. Studying the brochure another question came up. They write peghead can be "carved and slotted". Is that the peghead of the original slotheads? What do you think?

Also interesting to see that they can do the 1 7/8" and even a 2" neck.

Karl
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jérôme
Posted 2007-01-28 9:34 AM (#119793 - in reply to #119717)

I've converted the Adamas Custom Shop brochure in PDF file. ;)

Click here to download

J :)
Tupperware
Posted 2007-01-28 9:52 AM (#119794 - in reply to #119717)

Originally posted by kid-school:
They write peghead can be "carved and slotted". Is that the peghead of the original slotheads? What do you think?
That's my interpretation. But I think it would be on a standard 1687 type body and fretboard. Just like some of the later slotheads they made for Marcel Dadi. I am guessing that the golden inlays, and decorative golden accented body binding are history as of the 47RI and OFC Guitar.

Originally posted by kid-school:
Also interesting to see that they can do the 1 7/8" and even a 2" neck.
They have been doing this all along. Someone in the OFC even ordered a 2-1/8 inch neck. You can't assume all the options listed are mutually compatible. For example I'm pretty sure you can not get a 2080 with a carved slotted headstock on 2 inch neck. Or maybe anything is possible for a price. But based on what my dealer has told me, it seems the walnut slotted headstock neck is only available up to 1-3/4 width. It may have something to do with the jigs and tools used to make them, just a guess on my part.

The other thing to keep in mind, and we do this in my own business, don't assume that just because it's listed as an option that it will really be available. Just an example (I make this up), the public including the OFC screams for slotted carved headstocks. But the factory does not want to do them because they are a huge pain in the ass. So they put them on the option list to quiet the masses, but they price them so outrageously that in the end nobody buys them. We do that in my work. We call it Posturing.

Anyway, it will be cool to see what kind of CSA guitars people spec out and buy. I'm going to set up a part of my website to feature these instruments as they come to life.

Dave
Charlie Ramon
Posted 2007-01-28 3:05 PM (#119795 - in reply to #119717)

Interesting insight in marketing and conducting business. Thanks,

Karl
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)