The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
What amp set up do you guys use ...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Yak
Posted 2007-01-21 9:22 PM (#119672 - in reply to #119647)
Subject: Re: What amp set up do you guys use ...

Originally posted by Showtime_100:
So an acoustic amp will make what I have sound MUCH better then the amp I'm currently use'n ?

Why is that ? What makes an acoustic amp sound better ? I might have to look into gettin' one of those ... MAYBE ;)
Yes, the acoustic amps sound way better. Even the cheapest CRATE acoustic like I have sounds much better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paulcc1
Posted 2007-01-21 10:32 PM (#119673 - in reply to #119647)

an4340 posted Paul,
what brand are your pedals?
All Digitech X series Hyper Phase and DigiDelay. As for noise with the Monkey I have not experienced any, it gives me a warm tone which is what I was looking for, but just like any wild monkey it can bite when needed. :D
Pauly
dobro
Posted 2007-01-22 2:26 PM (#119674 - in reply to #119647)

Jeff Burns and I use the Bose L1 Personal Amplification System at every gig. In my home practice space I have set up: Fishman Loudbox 100 and a Crate Acoustic. I really like the Fishman but neither can compete with the Bose. The best, hands down (but we got the tower on ebay for $1300, subwoofer for $300: pricey!) Effects: I use the Yamaha Acoustic Magicstomp pedal. It has vast downloadable options. When I needed a new stereo chorus patch for playing through two amps I simply found the right file on the Yamaha site and loaded it into the Magicstomp and, voila, a ready-to-use patch!
Slartibartfast
Posted 2007-01-22 7:25 PM (#119675 - in reply to #119647)

Has anyone tried/heard any of the Behringer acoustic amps? They seem to have a lot of bang for the buck compared to the competition, but I don't think I've ever heard one before.

Behringer Acoustic Amps

I'm looking at the ACX900, which has balanced outputs, 24-bit effects, and 90W output for $240. The manuals can be downloaded at

Behringer site

Seems like a lot of features for a very reasonable price, my main question is the sound quality.
Showtime_100
Posted 2007-01-23 12:56 AM (#119676 - in reply to #119647)

Not to sure about their acoustic amps but their electric amps rock !
Paulcc1
Posted 2007-01-23 7:41 AM (#119677 - in reply to #119647)

I just got an electric amp a V-Tone GMX110 for Christmas and it's very good. I have not had it long enough to experience it's full depth but so far it does what I want it to.
Pauly
ProfessorBB
Posted 2007-01-23 9:28 AM (#119678 - in reply to #119647)

I seem to be one of the few OFC members who prefers to use the stereo features on my Ovations and ADII. I use two Fender Acoustasonic Jrs with DSP, where the channels are split to each. I feed both into a Yamaha stereo PA system for additional sound reinforcement. I know this is overkill, but the fullness of the sound is just incredible. When playing in mono mode, or at church with the house sound, I use a Trace Elliott TA100R. For the non-acoustic guitars, I use a variety of other Fender amps.
rick endres
Posted 2007-01-23 10:12 AM (#119679 - in reply to #119647)

I use a Roland AC 60 Acoustic Chorus amp. The thing I like is that it's small and portable (@ 20 lbs. and about as big as a compact boombox)and has plenty of power. I've used it outside at a country club swimming pool with no trouble at all.

Clean vocal sound.

I zero out the amp when I use my CS 257 and set EQ on the guitar. When I use my '71 Ovation Balladeer (Fishman Natural II undersaddle pickup, no onboard EQ), I set bass at 9 o'clock; mid at 1 o'clock; and treble at 11 o'clock -- generally. Usually you have to tweak the settings from room to room.

The amp has a nice reverb, chorus, and delay, so I really don't need effects. I have a Zoom 504II acoustic effects box when I want more than a straight acoustic sound. I can hear some snickering out there, but I'll tell you what -- when you're poor, it's a lot of bang for the buck. There ARE a few cheesy effects on it, but for the most part, they're surprisingly good. And the 12-string effect is KILLER!

Probably what you need to do is go out and try some gear with your guitar and see what YOU like. I like the AC 60; I play a lot of gigs, and the Roland is tough, durable, and, best of all, light! I like it, but you might like something else. :)
fillhixx
Posted 2007-01-23 11:56 AM (#119680 - in reply to #119647)

If you're going to play out, size matters. If, like my friend the heavy metal grandfather, your gear never leaves the house...it's less of an issue.

Until the wife wants that "giant music box thing" out of the livingroom.
Styll
Posted 2007-01-23 4:40 PM (#119681 - in reply to #119647)

No amp I run through a PA. Mackie SRM 450's.

Amps that i do like would be the Fender Baby blonde...and Crate amps.
Jason_S
Posted 2007-01-23 9:27 PM (#119682 - in reply to #119647)

i got a roland ac-60. ive used it once and like it but i just dont plug in much...jason
vcnyls
Posted 2007-01-23 11:34 PM (#119683 - in reply to #119647)

Fender Deluxe Reverb for my electrics. Nothing for the acoustics
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)