The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
More Family Fun

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Capo Guy
Posted 2007-01-29 10:56 AM (#118399 - in reply to #118374)
Subject: Re: More Family Fun

Originally posted by Tommy M.:
Bob, you sound like a proud dad. Tell your son, Thank you for serving! Great kid you have.
My Thanks as well.

Great recording. What kind of mic did you use for the Martin? :cool:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
schroeder
Posted 2007-01-29 11:52 AM (#118400 - in reply to #118374)

Great stuff Stoneboobo and Pebblebobbo. And a safe return.
MWoody
Posted 2007-01-29 11:58 AM (#118401 - in reply to #118374)

I think he's Bam-bam Clyde...
CrimsonLake
Posted 2007-01-29 12:01 PM (#118402 - in reply to #118374)

Bob and Dane - that was excellent. Dane - thank's for serving!

Mike
lanaki
Posted 2007-01-29 12:49 PM (#118403 - in reply to #118374)

listen guys, i am sorry for my rant on this thread yesterday. it was inappropriate for me to post those sentiments here. the insanity of this war just gets me riled up.
i come to this site to share in one of the wonderful blessings in life, music, and the pursuit of happiness! in reflecting on that ideal, i need to do all i can to protect it, just as dane is willing to give his all to serve and protect.
mahalo again, bob and dane. :)
moody, p.i.
Posted 2007-01-29 12:55 PM (#118404 - in reply to #118374)

So Bobbo, just how many tats do you the the lovely Lady Stonebobbo have? Where's Dane get this propensity for body art?

Lanaki, don't sweat it. You and I don't even come close to agreeing but like you, I don't believe this board is the place to go after that debate. Besides, there's more important stuff for you to be thinking about, like that 1537 comin' your way!
cruster
Posted 2007-01-29 5:48 PM (#118405 - in reply to #118374)

Originally posted by moody, p.i.:
So Bobbo, just how many tats do you the the lovely Lady Stonebobbo have? Where's Dane get this propensity for body art?
I was wondering if he had all that ink before going in the service. One of my buddies went in to the Navy and got his ass handed to him by his CO when he returned from a weekend leave with some sort of body art. IIRC the line was something about his body being the property of the government and he hadn't asked permission to go modifying it. Then there was the story about the guy that got married without permission...

Due to my strong anti-authoritarian streak, I never would've cut it in the service. I have a lot of respect for those that can and do thrive in that environment, though.
stonebobbo
Posted 2007-01-30 1:11 AM (#118406 - in reply to #118374)

Wow. Thanks. Lots of nice comments. Lots of questions, too ... I'll try to answer them ...

does the kid want to stop in jersey and work on a 68 pontiac catalina rag top?
Be careful what you wish for. He did go to school for Custom work ... you're likely to end up with a Cat that looks like this:

Or if he's feeling extra creative, your Catalina can turn into this:

But there is the risk it would end up half done ... what color of primer would you look at for the next couple of years? :)

What kind of mic did you use for the Martin?
We recorded the acoustic guitar and the vocal at the same time. There was a Rode NT1 up high to catch primarily the vocal, and a MXL990 out front about waist high to pick up the guitar. Both mikes went through tube preamps to warm up the sound. We ended up with cross bleed on both channels, but we were able to pick up lots of natural room reverb (and lots of ambient noise, too :) ) and it allowed for some nice stereo imaging.

Paul, in the interest of maintaining decorum per SlipKid's manifesto (along with my sweetheart's dignity and honor), any discussion of purported tattoos and/or the body parts upon which they may or may not reside will have to be left strictly to your own twisted imagination. :eek:

I was wondering if he had all that ink before going in the service.
Some, not all. You'd be astonished at the level of body art on Marines these days. The only requirement is that it must not show when wearing the uniforms, whether Utilities, Service Bravo, or Dress Blues. There are very few enlisted Marines who do not have ink. And lots of it. Sort of like the rest of society these days.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2007-01-30 1:28 AM (#118407 - in reply to #118374)

Totally Off Topic! The Green Hornet had a cooler car!
moody, p.i.
Posted 2007-01-30 8:00 AM (#118408 - in reply to #118374)

You know, I look at that picture of the Batmobile, and as stupid as that show was, and as stupid as the car was, I still think it looks cool.....
alpep
Posted 2007-01-30 8:21 AM (#118409 - in reply to #118374)

half of what that catalina pictured is would be an improvement on mine
Slipkid
Posted 2007-01-30 8:31 AM (#118410 - in reply to #118374)

will have to be left strictly to your own twisted imagination.
Stonebobbo...That might possibly be the absolute worst thing you could suggest. :eek:
Given free reign, our minds can really.... well.. you know.
Joyful Noise
Posted 2007-01-30 2:26 PM (#118411 - in reply to #118374)

I've been pretty busy the past week, but I would like to thank you and your son for your service to this country. There are many disagreements over what is in this country's best interest, but no one disagrees on the bravery, patriotism and committment of those who serve.

I don't even need to mention how proud you should be of your son and his sacrifices for this country.
fillhixx
Posted 2007-01-30 7:10 PM (#118412 - in reply to #118374)

Originally posted by Old Man Arthur:
Totally Off Topic! The Green Hornet had a cooler car!
And a much better sidekick!

( his roundhouse was a little weak though..... :rolleyes: )
musicamex
Posted 2007-01-31 12:35 PM (#118413 - in reply to #118374)

great stuff bro. and coming from a motown upbringing i love classic iron. i really need a ride in your german jalopy one of these trips. i don't get the jolt on the roller coaster anymore.
stonebobbo
Posted 2007-01-31 2:25 PM (#118414 - in reply to #118374)

Thanks Russ. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Next time you're up, we'll take a spin in the krautmobile. If we do it after a cup'o'java from your beans, it will make you yearn for the old sedate roller coasters. ;) .
musicamex
Posted 2007-01-31 4:17 PM (#118415 - in reply to #118374)

ya like the chiapas mountain coffee? it has allot more conplex character than the organic nayarit coffee that is my daily stuff. the nayarit coffee should almost be illegal and can cause a newbie to babble until you give them a 4 finger tequila antidote.

i look forward to the ride (though i feel like i am standing on a ledge of a 50 story building thinking about what your car can do). my cars aren't exciting anymore. i think cwkII has more ponies under the hood than the last 5 of my cars put together. in my motown and california youth i had high 10's street cars under 2000# with well over 400 honest dyno hp. (that was awesome in the day). i haven't even had a moving violation that stuck in the last 30 years. am i getting to be a conservative old fart? has my most daring thing become owning guitars that aren't made of wood?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)