The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Computer's dead-Hello from the library!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

tragocaster
Posted 2007-01-29 3:09 PM (#118266)
Subject: Computer's dead-Hello from the library!

Hey! Remember me??? It's been a while. Well, my computer is currently non-functional, so I'm writing this from the local library. Me and the kids moved into a bigger house since Christmas, then my car died, then the computer.... and I'm too broke to do anything about it for a while. But I do have a bigger house, and I've got my home studio all set up, with REAL drums and everything!

I've been gigging acoustically with a great blues harmonicist, so the Ovations are getting a public flogging.

Also, the local GC is going to have another one of those "King of the Blues" contests, and all of my friends and family are MAKING me enter, against my own wishes. They haven't even began the sign up process yet, so it's still quite early. Wish me luck!

That's the lowdown for now. Sorry that I've been away so long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-29 4:25 PM (#118267 - in reply to #118266)
Subject: Re: Computer's dead-Hello from the library!

Good luck. Good to hear from you again.
cruster
Posted 2007-01-29 5:41 PM (#118268 - in reply to #118266)

Originally posted by tragocaster:
...Me and the kids moved into a bigger house since Christmas, then my car died, then the computer.... and I'm too broke to do anything about it for a while. But I do have a bigger house, and I've got my home studio all set up, with REAL drums and everything!
I swear that our appliances and stuff around here are sentient. Every time we upgrade something it seems like two other things break. :mad:

Congrats on the new pad. Good luck on the contest, you'll have to let us know how you did!
ProfessorBB
Posted 2007-01-29 6:32 PM (#118269 - in reply to #118266)

I thought about entering one of those GC "blues" contests a few years ago, so I practiced non-stop for about a month, had some really nice stuff down (to my ears, at least), then went down on a busy Saturday morning when they were doing the sign-ups. They offered equipment and an open mike for anybody who wanted to show off. After hearing the first three kids wail, I quickly departed the store and completely abandoned any idea I had ever entertained about competing against unknown teenage rock wannabees. There are a lot of incredibly talented players out there. Good luck, Trago.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2007-01-29 7:18 PM (#118270 - in reply to #118266)

Are you saying they were good or bad? I've seen a bunch of them flail away on guitars and I used to think they had some talent, but that I just didn't understand what they were doing. Now I'm not so sure that they have any talent. Seems like they just strum power chords really fast up and down the neck.
fillhixx
Posted 2007-01-29 9:03 PM (#118271 - in reply to #118266)

and this is bad, because.....?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)