The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1567 Legend: First Gig Report

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

Oster
Posted 2007-02-04 9:43 PM (#116997)
Subject: 1567 Legend: First Gig Report

I played my first gig with the 1567 Legend I got from Jason in that trade before Christmas and not only was it the best acoustic gig I ever played, it was also the best acoustic guitar I've ever played live.

I own a Fender Passport P150 PA and I ran the Legend through that, plus my microphone. I was playing along with a percussionist off to my right and we did an assortment of my original songs plus a bunch of covers (Spirit, Love, The Byrds, Robert Johnson, George Harrison...I'm a '60s music nut).

The guitar not only played like a dream, I was so proud of how it sounded amplified as so far I've only been accustomed to its unplugged sound which - as Jason knows - is much bigger than the guitar's shallow bowl would suggest.

Anyway, here's a picture from the gig (it was last night). Jason, the Legend's in good hands - I kept it away from the Guiness!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeff W.
Posted 2007-02-04 9:48 PM (#116998 - in reply to #116997)
Subject: Re: 1567 Legend: First Gig Report

Congratulations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)