The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
My mistake - OP-30 preamp

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

joe n
Posted 2010-03-11 2:40 PM (#3933)
Subject: My mistake - OP-30 preamp

Hello all,

Sorry folks - in my previous post on the subject, I made a mistake about the part I was looking for in connection with the OP-30 preamp. I have close to no knowledge about these matters, so I misunderstood my friend's request.

So here's what he really needs : as stated before, he has just acquired a nylon string Country Artist 1674, has purchased separately an OP-30 preamp, and is now planning to cut an opening in the side of the body in order to position the preamp. He would like to purchase a housing for the preamp to fit in the opening, with a proper input socket for the pickup, and a proper output socket as well.

Sorry if I don't know the terminology for all this - am I understood?

Thanks again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
joe n
Posted 2010-03-11 9:32 PM (#3934 - in reply to #3933)
Subject: Re: My mistake - OP-30 preamp

The question is: where can he get such a housing, or box, and what is this called?
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2010-03-11 10:20 PM (#3935 - in reply to #3933)

As far as I can tell, the part you are looking for is referred to a the "Can".
Hopefully someone here might have a spare. But it is generally easier when you get the module and the can together all at once.
Different cans go with different preamp. The OP-30 has six staggered contacts.

If all you have is the module, and you still need the jack and the pick-up, you might want to just buy the whole set. After you have checked here, you might want to contact the factory. They may have one, or be able to direct you to where you could find one.
joe n
Posted 2010-03-12 8:41 AM (#3936 - in reply to #3933)

Hi Old Man Arthur - thanks very much, you've given me the info I need, especially thanks for the photo.

"Can" it is. So what my friend needs is a can for an OP-30 preamp - he already has the preamp, and there is a pickup ready in the guitar.

I'll contact Ovation about purchasing one. If someone here has something to offer, I'd be happy to be in contact.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)