The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
iDea Recording

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

load.toad
Posted 2010-04-25 1:13 AM (#3577)
Subject: iDea Recording

So, I got an iDea the other day. Had to buy a "deployment guitar" Needed something durable, that sounds good, and I won't cry too hard if it breaks. So, the iDea. Plus I picked it up for 300 bucks, so can't be too mad about that. Anyways, I am pretty sure I got the preamp operations down good, but....when I try and record voice and guitar, you can't hear the voice hardly at all. I know the iDea preamp is not a prefered recording device, but you almost can't hear the vocals at all. This was one of the main reasons I picked up this guitar. Durability, and we can record deployment songs in Afghanistan w/o having to worry about ruining much more expensive equipment. So, short story longer, does anyone else that has the iDea preamp have issues w/ too quiet of vocals, or is there something I am doing wrong short of screaming while I sing. Thanks. Tony
Top of the page Bottom of the page
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-25 7:36 AM (#3578 - in reply to #3577)
Subject: Re: iDea Recording

Oh, and if one of the Mods would be so kind as to change my status so I can post in F/S or General that would be swell :D
Gallerinski
Posted 2010-04-25 9:42 AM (#3579 - in reply to #3577)

Yes, the recording level of the on board mic is really low. Almost not usable.

But there is a very inexpensive solution. Get a little computer mic and plug it into the Aux input jack. They cost less than $5. The headset type do a nice job. There are also desktop, or clip on types. Very cheap solution.

Here's one example ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Microphone-Mic-PC-Skype-Chat-Tie-Pocket-Cl...
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-25 9:50 AM (#3580 - in reply to #3577)

Wow...I feel like a total dumb@$$ lol. Thanks! I just happen to have one of those sitting next to my amp under my desk....I suppose it just takes an outside perspective. once again thanks!
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-25 10:02 AM (#3581 - in reply to #3577)

Disreguard, none of the 3 pc mics I have work....looks like I will be using the iTouch for the w/ vocal recording in the desert :p
Gallerinski
Posted 2010-04-25 12:06 PM (#3582 - in reply to #3577)

You're right. I'm using a small pre-amp. I don't think plugging the mic straight in to the Aux will work. There are many small mics that have pre-amp built in (sorry I posted a link to one which did not).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)