The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Musicians Friend

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

load.toad
Posted 2010-04-26 9:02 AM (#3554)
Subject: Musicians Friend

This goes out to all of my Military Brothers. If you ever decide to order ANYTHING from musicians friend....I say STOP. I orders a case for my "beater guitar" so i could take it to Afghanisatn on my deployment in 2 weeks. It had a tracking number that doesn't exist....2 months later it looks like I am SOL. i called the servise rep, and they said my package has been shipped. But USPS does not track their orders...I have been stationed overseas for 3 years...and EVERYTHING gets a tracking number...EF MUSICIANS FRIEND...now I cannont take my trusty Ovation to the desert. Looks like 6 months w/ no guitar :(
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nikon4004
Posted 2010-04-26 9:42 AM (#3555 - in reply to #3554)
Subject: Re: Musicians Friend

UPSP DOES use tracking numbers, but that service has to be paid for. If you make a purchase it is just shipped and on tracker.....

USPS service sux,. THey keepo raising prices, and now they want to cut service. Use UPS or FedEx WAY more reliable......

Steve
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-26 10:48 AM (#3556 - in reply to #3554)

I am military overseas, only thing they ship for us APO/FPO guys is USPS to either New York of Sna Fran. The Air Force takes over from there. Just ticks me off I ordered an iDea gutiar for the desert w/ a new case from MF and I may not be able to take the guitar w/ me because I may not get a case in time.
stonebobbo
Posted 2010-04-26 2:55 PM (#3557 - in reply to #3554)

If it's a beater, just get a gig bag and take it with you. My son did that with his J200 (not a beater). It survived the travel and general conditions over there just fine. It was the mortar shrapnel that did it in. When he went over the second time, he took his Martin in a gig bag and it survived just fine during the travel and conditions ... it was the incoming rocket fire that busted it up pretty good, but he used duct tape to piece it back together and he's still got it. It was more important to have the guitar there with him and his buddies than to worry about what might happen to it.
ProfessorBB
Posted 2010-04-27 5:56 PM (#3558 - in reply to #3554)

Bobbo, I've seen my share of road scars, but your son's guitars have some real mojo!
load.toad
Posted 2010-04-27 9:11 PM (#3559 - in reply to #3554)

Update, I got a power of Attorney for my boss just of my mail. So, IF the case comes in before I leave I can throw it on a pallet, if not, the boss can ship it w/ the case when the case gets in. Thanks all.
load.toad
Posted 2010-05-01 8:44 AM (#3560 - in reply to #3554)

So....will it be possible to get my account upgraded so I can use other parts of the forum besides the welcome center?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)