The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adjusting my 2078TX?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

LETTiER
Posted 2010-05-31 9:14 PM (#3320)
Subject: Adjusting my 2078TX?

My neck has a little more warp than I'd like, about .5 mm at the 5th fret (when pushing down the first and 12 fret). This wouldn't be much of a problem only I just can't seem to adjust the Truss Rod. It's encased in a block of wood underneath the top and there seems to be a few bolts in the whole. I can spend hours trying to get the allen wrench to take hold. When I do get a grip it seems counter intuitive as it tightens going counter clock wise (no difference in neck though). Anyone have any experience with this type of model? I've searched and searched and all I could come up with was a Kaman tool. It shouldn't be this hard. Thanks for any support you may have. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
AussieJames
Posted 2010-06-02 10:09 AM (#3321 - in reply to #3320)
Subject: Re: Adjusting my 2078TX?

Hi and Welcome.

To reduce the neck relief, ie straighten the neck, you have to turn the truss rod clockwise not counter clockwise.
Turn the screw clockwise until it is firm.
Check the relief.
Then move it a quarter turn at a time allowing a period of time between adjustments for the neck to settle.

Ideally about the thickness of a high E string at the 6th fret.

It can be a bit fiddly.

Good luck

AJ
LETTiER
Posted 2010-06-02 6:17 PM (#3322 - in reply to #3320)

Thanks and while I know all that, it's very hard to do so on this model. :eek: Any one have a experience with the elite models I guess? :confused: It's in a big block of wood at the base of the neck. I can't even see the hex nut.

Here's the actual guitar model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr0-aadt16w .

Thanks again.
Damon67
Posted 2010-06-02 6:44 PM (#3323 - in reply to #3320)

Hi LETTiER,

I'm probably breaking the rules by posting here, but I'd like to make a suggestion.

Most folks here probably haven't played with that guitar as it's a fairly new beast. While many of us have some of the newer Elite LX models, they are different in that they have the truss rod adjustment up at the headstock. Your guitar is new to me. Are you even sure there is a truss rod? Also, the new LX model necks are bolted on and I believe they are hex as well. Be careful that you're not torquing on neck bolts thinking you're torquing a truss rod.

Maybe see if you can stick a little mirror in there and see what's really going on. It would be even better if you could take a picture of it and post it here.
bauerhillboy
Posted 2010-06-03 8:25 AM (#3324 - in reply to #3320)

Welcome LETTiER : )

Your guitar is NOT the same as the one in the youtube video. That is a USA-made guitar. Yours is not, and they have very different necks. A picture would help.

Did you get a little owners manual with your guitar? We usually ignore those, but in this case there might be a little picture in there and some instruction on how to do this to your particular guitar.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)