The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Special orders?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

joe n
Posted 2010-06-14 4:48 AM (#3283)
Subject: Special orders?

Hello all,

Could someone please explain why I don't see the "special orders" heading in the Ovation price list, as stated here :

SPECIAL ORDERS
These instruments are typically listed in the Ovation Retail Price List under the Special Orders heading. These models can typically be delivered in three months from the receipt of your order from an Authorized Ovation Dealer at no additional charge.

Price list : http://www.ovationguitars.com/img/2010PL.pdf

I have just ordered a 2073LX, and would like to check if the topic of "special orders" has any relevance to this model.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Waskel
Posted 2010-06-14 7:08 AM (#3284 - in reply to #3283)
Subject: Re: Special orders?

2073LX is listed under "CLASSIC" on page 2. It's not a "special order", it's a stock model.
joe n
Posted 2010-06-14 10:46 AM (#3285 - in reply to #3283)

Originally posted by Waskel:
2073LX is listed under "CLASSIC" on page 2. It's not a "special order", it's a stock model.
Waskel, thanks for the reply - I have seen where the 2073 is listed and I know that it's a stock model. What I'm asking is : where is the "special order heading" that they mention located in the price list? Or which model on the price list on their site has an option of "special order"? Except for the mention of this at the head of the first page, I don't see this option anywhere. Or am I not getting something here?
PEZ
Posted 2010-06-14 11:43 AM (#3286 - in reply to #3283)

Its not listed. Its a model or variation that not currently in stock.
joe n
Posted 2010-06-14 12:37 PM (#3287 - in reply to #3283)

Originally posted by PEZ:
Its not listed. Its a model or variation that not currently in stock.
So a "special order" is a model or variation that appears in the price list only if it's in stock? Sorry for my lack of understanding, but why is this "special" if it's in stock? Is it because there are only a few made?
stonebobbo
Posted 2010-06-15 9:16 PM (#3288 - in reply to #3283)

Generally they are stock models, but "built to order". There's not enough demand to churn them out on the line, but they are popular enough to keep as an active model available to buyers.
joe n
Posted 2010-06-16 9:09 AM (#3289 - in reply to #3283)

Thanks stonebobbo - you've made it clear to me at last.

I see that the only category on the 2010 price list that offers a "special order" variety is the Mandolin... that's why I hadn't noticed that this indeed appears on the list.
Gallerinski
Posted 2010-06-16 9:22 AM (#3290 - in reply to #3283)

It's impossible to depict in a catalog or price list exactly how they do business.

There are models they build all the time and there are models they only build upon request. And the trump card is that you can custom order almost any variation you desire.
joe n
Posted 2010-06-16 12:37 PM (#3291 - in reply to #3283)

Originally posted by Gallerinski:
And the trump card is that you can custom order almost any variation you desire.
OK, so here's another question - two weeks ago I ordered a classic 2073LX. As I live in Israel, supply time will be anywhere from 3-5 months. Now this has got me thinking - can I get some inside info on a possible "special order" on this model, even though none is listed? For example, what would really interest me is a tonewood that would project even better than the cedar that is stock.
I'd be willing to consider any affordable change that would better the acoustic sound of the guitar - inlays and appearances don't really matter to me. Thanks for the continuing advice.
Gallerinski
Posted 2010-06-16 1:26 PM (#3292 - in reply to #3283)

Time and Money are your only enemies ...

The thing is that you (or your dealer) need to pretty much know what you want. Ovation isn't going to offer suggestions you could try this, or try that, whatever.

If you want a 2073LX with spruce top, sunburst finish, Slone tuners, abalone trim and a radiused fretboard (JUST a suggestion), they can price it out for you.
joe n
Posted 2010-06-16 2:57 PM (#3293 - in reply to #3283)

Money is indeed the clincher for me - as it is, the stock model is the most expensive guitar I've owned.
But my lack of experience with different tonewoods is also a point I can't ignore. Playing the new guitar (I haven't even had the option of hearing one before placing the order) will get me thinking and exploring this subject more...

Thanks again for all the information.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)