The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation MM68 OP-24 DEAD when EQ is ON : unusual problem

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

TerryK
Posted 2010-06-24 1:50 PM (#3235)
Subject: Ovation MM68 OP-24 DEAD when EQ is ON : unusual problem

I have searched the net and cannot find a case like this.
I have a 1997 MM68 mandolin and the op-24+ equalizer side is DEAD. The pup works only when the EQ is OFF. When EQ is ON there is NO sound. Also the battery indicator light does not come on when a cable is plugged in as it is supposed to for a moment to indicate the battery's presence. Of course we know the battery is good because (a. we checked that (of course) and (b. the Piezo pup would not work at all without a battery and it works (only) with EQ OFF.
We (my luthier & I) ordered a new preamp and put it in and oddly enough, we still have the same problem! It is hard to believe we could get a new preamp with the same issue(s)... We are trying for days now to get anyone at Ovation on the phone, leaving daily messages and emailing all known email addresses but the return calls have not come...
I find their lack of response and concern terribly frustrating... Any info would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TerryK
Posted 2010-08-04 1:19 AM (#3236 - in reply to #3235)
Subject: Re: Ovation MM68 OP-24 DEAD when EQ is ON : unusual problem

Actually, when all was said and done, Ovation finally responded and gave me another preamp unit. We STILL had the same problem! Luckily, the same day that my guy was trying to fix this a customer traded in a Korean made cheapo version of my mandolin, it had all the same electronics. My guy decided the only thing left was the battery pack, so he took the battery pack from the Korean one and put it in my MM68. That fixed it! Even the Ovation guy was very surprised at this, but I am most pleased with my luthier, he never says die, and he made it work even if he had to appropriate and disect another instrument to fix it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)