The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Thinking of selling my "Holy Grail" 1537 Elite

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Double D
Posted 2010-08-14 12:50 AM (#3007)
Subject: Thinking of selling my "Holy Grail" 1537 Elite

I have been researching the value of my guitar and when I stumbled across this place I figured you guys could help.

No, I don't want to just use this place for info, but I'm also no longer playing so I doubt I will contribute much as a member. I'll gladly make a donation if I sell my guitar.

This thing is a beauty, yet I have no idea about a few things. The model number is 1537. There is no number following. I see numbers, a -4 for instance, after serial numbers on an ovation registration site. Not sure it that means anything. serial no 302105

I could swear I bought this before 1980, but it looks like 82 is the first year? Can't really remember.

Anyway it's in incredible condition and I am the original owner. I'm taking pics in the next day or two and I'll post them.

For me it's time to get a guitar I can leave out of the case, put light gauge strings on it, maybe paint it, and just thrash it.

I no longer need such a nice guitar and have kids starting to drive (:0. Time for another car and payments.

This baby sounds just like I have seen it described here and elsewhere. Unbelieveable. Plays so smooth my friends with Martins could only dream of such action. (medium gauge)

Anyway, just want to here some opinions on value and want. I know it's rare, and this one on;y has one little flaw from bumping into a mic stand.

All original components inside and out.

TIA for comments. Danny
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)