The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Greetings from downunder

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Reevzy
Posted 2010-08-18 6:19 AM (#2986)
Subject: Greetings from downunder

G'day, Jack Reeves here.
I'm very excited as i'm very close to buying an Ovation Legend 2056LX 12 string. I'm pretty sure it's the one i'm going to settle on, I played a double neck ovation in the shop here only cause they don't usually stock 12 strings and I reckon it plays fantastic. Only thing I was kinda stuck on was between the 2056LX with the deep contour bowl or the 6756LX mid bowl. The double neck I tried had the mid bowl I think and it felt pretty comfortable so I was wondering how the countour bowl feels, looks like it'll house my guts rather nicely. Do the two different shapes have any differences in tone and sound projection at all?

I guess that's the main thing i'm keen to know about.

Cheers, Reevzy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2010-08-18 8:41 AM (#2987 - in reply to #2986)
Subject: Re: Greetings from downunder

Welcome. The deep bowl will generally have more volume and projection, but if you can play both side by side, that's always the best way to figure out what sounds best to you. I have a deep contour bowl Adamas and really like it, especially for stand-up play.

BTW, do you know about the Oz group over on the companion social network site ?
moody, p.i.
Posted 2010-08-18 10:45 AM (#2988 - in reply to #2986)

Also have somebody else play them side by side so you can listen. Ovations project and what you hear as a player is not always what you hear as a listener....
TAFKAR
Posted 2010-08-18 8:45 PM (#2989 - in reply to #2986)

Reevzy, welcome to the madhouse. I'd vote for the contour bowl over the mid bowl (better sound)everytime. Billy Hyde should have some contour bowls in stock for you to try, their Sydney stores certainly do.

If you're in Sydney, you could try out my contour bowl, deep bowl (both 6 strings) and a mid bowl 12 string.
Reevzy
Posted 2010-08-19 1:11 AM (#2990 - in reply to #2986)

Cheers for your replies.
I actually tried the double neck at Billy Hyde down here in Melbourne. They don't and never have stocked an Ovation 12 string, other than the double neck and naturally the sales guy there started talking about having to ship one in and even steering me towards different models just to make a sale, as they're desperately notorious for doing, so anyway, I've actually kinda gone out on a limb and bought the 2056LX off ebay from a music shop in the states. Came to $1450 Au. including shipping. Provided it gets here safely, i'm pretty happy with that. It'll be the first time i've ever bought a guitar without playing it first but going by the feel of the double neck and the reputation of the ebay seller and the reputation of ovation guitars, I think she'll be right.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)