The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hi there! (Intro)

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Minnefred
Posted 2010-08-24 4:59 AM (#2960)
Subject: Hi there! (Intro)

Hello OFC!

I registered yesterday and had a good time reading many of your postings finding an enormous load of essential information for an ovationuts like me :rolleyes: . I like the kind atmosphere in this forum a lot and I felt at home right from the beginning. For this and future topics I'm only asking you to forgive me my clumsy (?) English (you may as well call it »Germish«). I acquired it at school and from reading books, not by talking in real life :( . If you want to help me improve it, please feel free to comment.

As for my gear: I own a beautiful 1769 I bought (more or less incidentally) in San Francisco back in '94 and which sounds even better every year as its Sitka spruce top grows more and more mature, a 1598-MERB (1st model; the ruby-colored one with double eppies) I bought in the U.S. via Ebay in 2008 (not a real bargain since it turned out that the fretboard was warped) and a W597-4G (actually an F.R.G. but in top shape) which I also acquired in fall '08 from a German fellow who bought it on Ebay from a U.S. music store--Three (marvelous) guitars, three different sounds. I wouldn't want to trade any one of them. I play the W597 most because it sounds so full and rich and it's extremely versatile, followed by the 1598 for its full, ringing sound (and mystic look) and finally the 1769 which I love not only for the sound but at least as much for its rich ornaments.

Currently I'm in the process of buying a beautiful W681-T2 from Al (Greez! Hope the Roundback Revolution Road Show will be a huge success; would have liked a lot to come over but spending my money on new gear takes precedence...). Payment is underway, taking its time, and I'm already impatiently waiting for my new Adamas. Please ship it immediately, as soon as it's paid, Al...

Furthermore my W597 complains that it misses its sibling 12-string model, the W598. So I had no choice but to look in the remotest corners of the WWW and I'm now finally negotiating with a seller...

What I'm still looking for is a slothead Adamas. If anyone wants (or needs) to get rid of a UTE or a 1680 please let me know. 12 frets-to-the-body are prefect. I'd prefer the UTE over the 1680 because of her Quintad bracing which I suppose makes for a more Adamas-like sound (please let me know if I'm wrong). I hadn't had the opportunity to play the U681-T yet but I did play a 1680 instead and I wasn't as impressed as I expected--except for the VIP preamp with its fantastic mike modeling. Also on my wish list is a 1581 30th ann. reissue with a bass-side only epaulet. But no -KK model please. Kudos to Mrs King's virtuosity but I don't like the guitar's design very much (were it purple I would give it a second thought however...). If someone's got a hint on one of these (or an offer), please let me know.

I am sure I will take a frequent look at this place and I hope that I will have the opportunity to make a deal with one of you nice people someday.

Thanks for the refuge.

CU
Minnefred
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marenostrum
Posted 2010-08-24 11:54 AM (#2961 - in reply to #2960)
Subject: Re: Hi there! (Intro)

Hi Minnefred, first but not last to welcome you on the OFC. You own an amazing guitar armada, congrats.
I'm sure you already know there are few nice guys from Germany that regularly post here.
Riccardo
MWoody
Posted 2010-08-24 12:46 PM (#2962 - in reply to #2960)

Welcome!
You are free to post now.
PEZ
Posted 2010-08-25 4:53 PM (#2963 - in reply to #2960)

Welcome aboard!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)