The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Question from a newbie...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Big Al
Posted 2010-09-02 6:52 AM (#2929)
Subject: Question from a newbie...

Hi everyone.. I'm Big Al.. a new member of this club.

I currently only have one Ovation guitar.. it is a 1981 model 1112 Custom Balladeer (Sunburst) total acoustic, non-electric. I brought it home brand new in early '82 and it has been a constant love affair ever since. If I end up homeless and alone, it will be the ol' "Spruce Moose" that I will snuggle up with under a bush somewhere. I fully trust the label inside that says it was "Made in Connecticut USA"... but my question is, when did Ovation first begin to manufacture guitars outside of the USA?

Oh, did I mention that I don't know how to play guitar worth a crap? Maybe that's just my opinion since about all I do is bang away at my own compositions around the house.. but every time I do so my wife says "That was really nice!". So I must admit that it is great to have a total fan base that is behind me 100%! :-)

Anyway, I'll shut up now. The club requirement said that I should post in this forum before posting anywhere else.. so there ya go. Thank you for having me.. and I will look forward to participating in the future!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2010-09-02 9:28 AM (#2930 - in reply to #2929)
Subject: Re: Question from a newbie...

There's only one Big Al, and he's a co-founder of this board. Also goes by Mr. Big.

All kidding aside, welcome. That's a killer guitar.
MWoody
Posted 2010-09-02 10:10 AM (#2931 - in reply to #2929)

Welcome Big Al!

We also have a mess of Mikes, a portion of Pauls one guy that keeps changing his name every 5002 posts.
I have a similar 1112-1 and it was my first O.

I believe there is a Timeline on the official O site. Try repostng in the General section now and see what kind of answers you get.
Big Al
Posted 2010-09-02 9:48 PM (#2932 - in reply to #2929)

Geeze.. now I'm all freaked out about the name (well, kinda). Oh well.. if anyone objects in the future, I will gladly change it.. but for now, thank you for your welcomes! I will repost my original post later in the General section and will attempt to get into the fray of the O world with y'all. Thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)