The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Bluemoose
Posted 2010-09-28 3:53 PM (#2828)
Subject: New Member

Hi

I'd just like to introduce myself. After many years of looking I've finally added an Ovation to my collection so Have joined the Fanclub. It's a cool black VXT (not one for the purist I suppose but an awesome sounding guitar). It joins my varied collection that includes a Framus Panthera Studio Custom, First Act Sheena US Custom Shop, Godin G-1000, Takamine 2001 Ltd Edition, Schertler SP and a Pete Woodman Resocaster resonator.

Hope to pick up some tips and info on the wonderful guitars Ovations are.

D
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2010-09-29 10:32 AM (#2829 - in reply to #2828)
Subject: Re: New Member

VXTs are highly underrated; they're great stage guitars, and you won't find anybody here who doesn't appreciate them. Congrats and welcome.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2010-09-29 11:32 AM (#2830 - in reply to #2828)
Subject: Re: New Member

Are the VXTs discontinued? I saw on a couple of ads that they were, but I don't believe everything in ads. I don't know if there is such a thing as an Ovation "purist". Anyway, the VXTs were meant to be a hybrid. No one would expect it to be a pure electric or pure acoustic. More of a Jack of all trades, which it does more than adequately at a very competitive price.
I plan on getting another one as soon as I get tired of hauling all my guitars to my gigs, or until I learn Hotel California, whichever occurs first.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)