The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
A Gig Bag/Soft Case that fits a Breadwinner/Deacon

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> Ovation Electric GuitarsMessage format

Nihillandvoid66
Posted 2024-02-24 5:05 PM (#559110)
Subject: A Gig Bag/Soft Case that fits a Breadwinner/Deacon

Hello everyone

Well I’ve been hunting around for a soft case/big bag that will fit the Breadwinner, as I wanted something I could carry on my back and also the original case, while light weight isn’t ideal for public transport and whatnot. I measured the guitar and found it to be around 36-37 cm wide at the lower bout and about 103cm long overall (from the tip of the lower bout to the top of the headstock. Of course because of the shape these still won’t fit in most bags.

First one I tried which looked promising was the Boss CB-EG20 which is the widest of all their electric bags. Unfortunately while the guitar fit, the bag would not zip up. It seemed to put a bit to much pressure on the padding and because of the angle of the case and guitar, just made it impossible to close.

After measuring a handful more I found that most were either too short, or not wide enough…
Then I remembered Armour make some high end soft cases for guitars, so I grabbed one of the Armour UNO bags for electrics and gave it a test. I’d always overlooked these since based on the measurements online it should be exactly the same as the Boss bag… well! To my surprise it fit perfectly and zipped up easily. The extra padded supports when adjusted also helped to void fill and hold the guitar in place.

These bags are apparently Mono rip offs but it’s very good quality so I’m happy.
IMG-5437
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)