The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Early Ovation PA/Guitar speaker enclosures

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Mike S.
Posted 2023-09-07 11:32 AM (#558589 - in reply to #558588)
Subject: Re: Early Ovation PA/Guitar speaker enclosures

Hello, Everyone,
Hey, Smokestack52, the YT video with the OVATION cab sounded great, BTW! OOPS! Yours truly was mistakenly reading the label inside the guitar in my songbook. There is only "Deluxe" written on the headstock of the guitar GC is pictured with, so I had to double-check THE OVATION GALLERY, and OVATION TRIBUTE sites to figure out the dates and times of the guitars in my songbook. Hey, LOF, I finally played my Ovation for a short time yesterday, after almost 2 months, and I played it unplugged also. It was not pretty, but it's start. Just continue to enjoy playing your OVATION. My first guitar teacher told me something when started I started taking lessons as a wee lad. "If playing your guitar isn't fun anymore, go do something else." You can always pick it up again later. When I myself became a guitar teacher, one of my guitar students was a lady being 72 years young!!
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON.,
CANADA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Smokestack52
Posted 2023-09-11 12:46 AM (#558597 - in reply to #558543)

Just wanted to show that these speakers are actually really decent sounding — whether they were intended as guitar amp speakers or PA speakers… I’m glad I picked them up! And they’re a cool — and odd — little bit of Ovation history…
On the same day I got the speakers, I also stopped by the original Ovation factory in New Hartford. Sad — not a trace remains of Ovation Instruments… it’s been subdivided into many spaces — which are occupied by artist studios, yoga spaces, craft supplies stores, a pub, etc.
Again, I say, kind of sad…
Smokestack52
Posted 2023-09-11 12:52 AM (#558598 - in reply to #558543)
Subject: RE: Early Ovation PA/Guitar speaker enclosures

Original Ovation Instruments factory in New Hartford, CT.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2895.jpeg (119KB - 9 downloads)
Love O Fair
Posted 2023-09-26 1:51 AM (#558659 - in reply to #558543)

Is that photo one that you took when you went there recently? I've seen a few others from a couple years ago when it was first being redone, but they weren't very complete, and would be interesting to see what they did with the place as of today. At least it isn't sitting abandoned and falling apart, and has kind of taken the same path of like what we were talking about earlier with the old mills in North Adams.

Edited by Love O Fair 2023-09-26 1:52 AM
Smokestack52
Posted 2023-09-28 7:13 AM (#558676 - in reply to #558543)

Yes, that photo was taken about a month ago. Lots of activity at the factory — just none of it guitar related. Supposedly the pub there has an ‘Ovation Room’ where they have some memorabilia associated with the former factory, but they were closed the day I came by…
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)