The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Breadwinner Replacement Bridge

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Carbon
Posted 2023-07-30 8:29 PM (#558510)
Subject: Breadwinner Replacement Bridge

Greetings to my fellow Ovation Fans! My 1976 Breadwinner appears to be having bridge issues. The brass bridge saddles under the B and high E string have moved toward the center so that the strings are no longer centered over their respective pickup pole pieces. Moreover, the high E string lacks sustain. When picked the note dies quickly. I've searched the OFC and found that it is not uncommon for the brass bridges to warping due to time and string tension. I've been unable to locate the later Ovation (Schaller) one-piece bridge used on Vipers and Preachers so am wondering if a Schaller 456 bridge would be a good drop in replacement? I found a photo, posted by a forum member, showing all of the possible bridges suitable for a Breadwinner/Deacon. One of the bridges in the photo appeared to be a Schaller 456. I love the guitar but I'm not using it because of this problem. I'm hoping the collective wisdom and experience from the members can have my Breadwinner singing again. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2023-08-09 5:24 PM (#558522 - in reply to #558510)
Subject: Re: Breadwinner Replacement Bridge

The only real reason for the saddles to move is not enough break angle. I have upgraded your membership, moved this post to the general forums where others can respond, and you can also upload pictures.
keldon85
Posted 2023-08-24 12:08 PM (#558546 - in reply to #558510)
Subject: Re: Breadwinner Replacement Bridge

Lost Vintage (Al Pep's store) is still showing chrome and gold versions of the Ovation (Schaller) bridges for Ovation solid bodies.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)