The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Arm Rest

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Ser Sensei Silver
Posted 2022-08-19 10:33 AM (#557623)
Subject: Arm Rest

Hello. I am looking for an arm rest for a 6-string Ovation Celebrity to cover the sharp edge on the top front. I have used a sweat band on my arm, but would like something more permanent. I saw something on Amazon called "saddle-a-bout", but it doesn't fit Ovations. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
numbfingers
Posted 2022-08-19 12:03 PM (#557628 - in reply to #557623)
Subject: Re: Arm Rest

You might try a John Pearse armrest- I'm not sure which model will fit your guitar- haven't used one myself.

OFC member DetlefMichel uses these on some nice Ovations, e.g.: http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=48...

-Steve W.
DetlefMichel
Posted 2022-09-09 9:44 AM (#557678 - in reply to #557623)
Subject: RE: Arm Rest

You can use the John Pearse armrest, it will fit Ovations. To remove you must first heat the edge of the guitar a bit ( with a hairdryer or so) to make the double-faced scotch-tape smooth.

A better, but expensive, solution is the customized Ovation armrest by luthier Ernie Rissmann ( Germany).It is fixed on the side of the guitar and not on the top.

Anyway, I use armrests on ALL of my guitars, it makes the top move better, esp. the basses.I have fun to dress them up sometimes:

Onur
Posted 2022-09-15 9:34 AM (#557717 - in reply to #557678)
Subject: RE: Arm Rest

DetlefMichel - 2022-09-09 9:44 AM

I use armrests on ALL of my guitars, it makes the top move better, esp. the basses.

Can you please elaborate? Do you feel that because your arm is not touching directly the tone wood? I never used an armrest before. I hope I am not deviating much from the subject of the better armrests for Ovation.
DetlefMichel
Posted 2022-09-15 12:25 PM (#557718 - in reply to #557623)
Subject: Re: Arm Rest

Just play any chord and then touch your top where normally your right forearm is and hear how the vibration is damped. In the 19th century there were even stands available for guitar players so that the instrument´s body was not even touched by the player in order to meke it more resonant.
You will notice that the guitar sounds better if you play sitting with the guitar on your knees and the guitar bottom does not touch your body than it will sound when you stand with the guitar touching your waist.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)